Customs rules Russia for tourists
Going on holiday or travelling abroad would be useful to know not only the customs rules of the country where you travel, but also his own. And it's not only that you may have problems with the fact that the border can not be transported some of the obviously illegal substances or objects, but also on the import of imported goods that can be taxed.
For example, from 1 January 2019 at the entrance to Russia through the land border by car or train now duty-free import of goods not more than 500 Euro and weighing less than 25 pounds, and all that is over – taxed.
Not to get into unpleasant situation or an unexpected expenses, read the following information in simple and understandable form about customs regulations in Russia:
The green and red corridors
In Russia, as elsewhere in the world, the customs has a system of green and red corridors. This conditional passes through the zone of customs when crossing the border, marked by the signs "green" and "red" corridor. If you have nothing prohibited, and subject to the Declaration, you pass through the green corridor. If you filled out a customs Declaration (even just for the Declaration of export goods for subsequent importation without payment of duty, or Declaration of imported currency), or you need to calculate and pay duty, you should go through the red corridor.
While passing the corridors of the customs officers to selectively conduct inspections, and if you find violations, you will be brought to administrative or criminal liability.
What is allowed to be imported without payment of duties
There are certain standards that are set for import items in Russia. It is important to know that they act like foreign tourists and Russians. And, from 2019, these rules were different depending on, whether you cross the land border, or air.
When entering Russia by plane:
Allowed to import items worth up to 10,000 euros and the total weight not exceeding 50 kg.
When entering by land or water:
Allowed to import items worth up to 500 euros and the total weight not exceeding 25 kg.
Everything above mentioned norms taxed at 30%, but not less 4 Euro 1 pounds. Calculation of the cost and the amount of the fee is in sums equivalent to the current exchange rate of the Euro. To facilitate the calculation of the duty or evidence that your products are worth less. It is recommended to keep receipts of purchases from abroad, in whatever currency they were not.
There are also some products that have additional restrictions, which should not exceed:
- You can bring no more than 5 liters of alcoholic beverages and beer. In this case, for the alcohol of over 3 liters will have to pay a fee of 10 EUR per 1 liter.
- Tobacco products can bring no more than 200 cigarettes, or 50 cigars, or 250 grams of tobacco, or all together, but not weighing more than 250 grams.
- Food no more than 5 kilograms of vegetable origin and no more than 5 kilograms of animal origin (only in the original packaging).
- Alcohol and tobacco products are only permitted adult. And don't forget that the rules apply to products purchased in Duty free shops.
The import and export of currency
Theoretically, there are no restrictions on the import and export of the maximum amount to ALLOCATE cash and traveler's checks, but amounts in excess of $ 10,000 equivalent must be declared. It is important to understand that we are talking about the sum of all cash, even different currencies including roubles. Ie if you are carrying € 5,000 and $ 5,000, in total, it will exceed $ 10,000 and subject to the Declaration. Also bills of exchange, Bank cheques, securities to bearer are declared regardless of the amount.
It is forbidden to export from the Russian Federation
Rules for the export stuff from Russia is quite democratic, the restrictions are few. In addition to the obviously illegal items, illegal turnover in Russia (drugs, weapons, counterfeit products), there are some limitations:
- Are permitted to take no more than 5 kilograms of fish and seafood, 250 grams of sturgeon caviar in the original packaging if the store receipts.
- It is forbidden to export more than 10 litres of fuel in the fuel tank of the vehicle.
- The export of diamonds worth over 75,000 USD.
- It is forbidden to export without Declaration of goods for personal use with a total cost of $ 1 million or more; goods made of precious metals and stones, natural pearls; pocket and wrist watches with case of precious metal; case, watch straps, watch bands and watch bracelets of precious metal.
As you can see, customs restrictions in Russia for tourists are not so strict and complicated. Well, if I forget something, I can print out and take with you the official memo for tourists issued by the customs service – reminder on customs regulations in Russian Federation for puteshestvennika.