Mites in the Crimea, whether they should be wary
Is there mites in the Crimea
In Crimea there are ticks, but contrary to popular belief that in the southern regions it is much more likely to be bitten by a tick in the Crimea is no higher than in other regions of Russia and much less in comparison with Siberia and the Urals. To indulge in the journey on the Sunny Peninsula for fear of ticks completely unjustified, however, preventive measures should be taken.
Features of the Crimean tick
In the Crimea distributed European tick forest that looks extremely similar to its lethal counterpart – the taiga tick, living in the far East and Siberia. It can also carry the encephalitis virus, but weaker, Mediterranean type, not causing serious health damage. Another serious disease that is put forward to them – Lyme disease.
Where and when the danger of meeting with mites
Mites prefer the shady, grassy clearings, bushy Bluebell and parkland. The largest number accumulated in close proximity to forest trails, water points and pastures, attracted by the smell of animals and humans. The victim is waiting, sitting on the grass or sheets, usually at a height of not more than half a meter above the ground. Falls on the human body by clinging to clothing or the skin, usually in the area from foot to knee, and then rises on the lookout for a suction space.
Ticks are active from April to October, the largest amount celebrated in may and September. Also uneven tick activity during the day: you can meet them from 8 am to 2 PM and from five to seven o'clock in the evening.
The tick is most prevalent in the following areas of the Crimea: Simferopol, Belogorsk, Bakhchisarai, Alushta, Kiev and Sochi.
In steppe areas, on beaches and open spaces tick lives.
- Clothing for forest walks, preferably light tight to the wrists and ankles. Mandatory hood or headpiece.
- Shoes preferred high and closed.
- To stay in the forest should be located in a dry, light place, away from trails and tall grass. The site for the camp is supposed to clean of leaves and fallen trees, the perimeter and the exposed areas of the body can be sprayed with repellent compounds (repellents).
- While in the forest is required every a couple of hours to examine the body if there is travel to see each other.
- Clothes and shoes need to handle acaricidal (tick) means, the exposed areas of the body with insect repellent.
- Returning from the forest, it is recommended to examine the body. Clothes to inspect and iron iron or dry in the sun.
- Carefully examine Pets.
If a tick has sucked
Carefully remove it by grasping with tweezers or tying thread close to the proboscis. You should gently pull, twisting or shaking to the head of the parasite is not left in the skin. If, however, the proboscis will come off, remove it with a needle or tweezers. The bite should be treated with iodine, "brilliant green", spirit.
Tick it is desirable to keep alive and pass on for analysis in the lab. They will answer if he was infected. If a tick check no follow the condition: fever, chills, nausea can indicate infection, in that case, immediately seek help at the hospital.