Currency and money in Abkhazia
In Abkhazia is officially in the course of the Russian rouble. All calculations in the country in stores, money transfers, government payments, everything is made in rubles. In some tourist places accept dollars or euros, but the exchange rate calculations are not profitable, much more profitable everywhere to pay in rubles.
In addition to ruble in Abkhazia there is also the national currency of the apsaras, but as a means of payment, it is not used, and has value only to collectors.
What currency to take to Abkhazia
If you are coming from Russia, the need to go, of course, with rubles. No limit on the amount of imported currency, but the amount of cash currency in an equivalent more than 10 000 US dollars for one person subject to Declaration (see customs regulations Abkhazia).
If you are traveling to Abkhazia from Russia and you're holding dollars, euros or another currency, it is best to exchange it for rubles at home or on the territory of the Russian Federation. This can be done even on the way from the airport Adler in banks or exchange offices Adler. If this do not succeed, something will have to change dollars or euros in Abkhazia at an unfavorable rate. Besides currency exchange for rubles in Abkhazia tourists are not so simple, because banks are very few, and they work on an inconvenient schedule. Remain private exchange offices, but these are of course even more understated.
Plastic cards in Abkhazia
Plastic cards in Abkhazia inconvenient to use. To pay by card almost anywhere is impossible, except that when booking a hotel, sightseeing tours or tickets through the Internet. You can withdraw cash at ATMs of local banks or POS-terminals in banks, but very few of them. ATMs and branches of the Russian or foreign banks here. For cash withdrawals at ATMs additional fee is not charged (only the Commission of your Bank and the fee for conversion if the map is not the ruble), for withdrawal at POS-terminals removed 2% of the withdrawal amount.
Address of the Bank of Abkhazia for cash withdrawals or currency exchange
- "GAGRA-BANK", ul. Demerjian, 28-a, hours: 09:30-17:00, sat, sun – closed
- "GARANT-BANK", Pushkin street, 21, hours: 09:30-17:00, sat, sun – closed
- "KIBIT-Bank" Prospekt Leona, 9, hours: 09:30-17:00, sat, sun – closed
- "SUKHUM-BANK", Avenue Leon, 31A, Eshba str., 166 (TC, "SUKHUM-MARKET"), mode of operation: 09:00-23:00, sat, sun – closed
- "UNIVERSAL-BANK", Lakoba str., 31, hours: 09:30-17:00, sat, sun – closed
- "Chernomorskij Bank of development", Lakoba str., 31, hours: 09.30 to 17.00, sat, sun – closed
ATMs in Abkhazia
- street Abasgia 57/1 ("UNIVERSAL-BANK")
- street Abasgia, 55/4 (Sberbank of Republic of Abkhazia)
- St. Vladislav Ardzinba, 165 ("SUKHUM-BANK")
- St. Vladislav Ardzinba, 147. (building ATK)
- street Demerjian, 28-A ("GAGRA-BANK")
- street Demerjian, 35 (Amra Bank)
- Ave Leona, 31A
- Eshba str., 31
- St. Confederate, 1
- Universitetskaya str., 1
- Aiaaira Avenue, 84
- street Aidgylara, 10
- Universal Bank
- Pushkin street, 16
- Eshba str., 166
- Pushkin street, 21
- street Lakoba, D. 31
- street Gitsba, 10
- Chanba street, 16 (at the ticket office in the lobby of the new Afon cave)
- Avenue of Heroes 20 (Sberbank of Abkhazia)
Tips in Abkhazia
Tips in Abkhazia are not common. In cafes and restaurants in the bill already included a service charge, as well as in hotels. However, the failure to Deposit in a taxi, cafe, etc. is perceived with gratitude.