Customs regulations Abkhazia
At the entrance to Abkhazia have to go through customs twice: exit Russian customs, and then entry to the Abkhaz. But, as practice shows, in most cases, the verification is only the Russian customs, while on the side of Abkhazian customs officers did not even examine (not to be confused with passport and border control are two different things).
Customs control at entry/exit in Abkhazia has the same structure as in all other countries on the principle of two corridors: green channel – nothing to declare, the red channel – you must declare. Ie if you have items that you should declare, you should fill in the customs Declaration and present it at customs.
Before going to Abkhazia, do not forget to check that you have debts and unpaid fines, or you may not be released at the border from Russia.
That can be imported without payment of duty and Declaration
Without payment of duty in Abkhazia can bring in items of personal consumption, clothing, equipment, etc. If the officer suspects that you bring in a large amount of goods for commercial purposes (for sale, for example), then you can be prosecuted for smuggling. In practice, the tourists customs are virtually ignored. However, the following constraints were established for duty-free entry:
- Alcoholic beverages — not more than 2 liters per person
- Tobacco products — 200 cigarettes per person, or 250 grams. tobacco or 100 cigarillos or 50 cigars
- Fuel — not more than 20 litres, not including fuel in the tank
- Jewelry – no more than 5 items
- Personal effects and goods worth not more than 65 000 rubles
There is no need to declare audio and video equipment, computers, etc. if only customs will not suspect that you bring them to commercial activities.
It is forbidden to bring in Abkhazia
There are no special conditions for a prohibition. You cannot explicitly import illegal items, such as:
- Weapons and ammunition, as well as their copies and casts
- Self-defense (stun guns, batons, gas canisters, etc.)
- Drugs and psychotropic substances
- Counterfeit and fake products
- Electronics without serial numbers
- Books, movies, magazines and other publications which violate the legislation of Russia and Abkhazia
What exports from Abkhazia without payment of duty and Declaration
- Med in factory packaging — up to 3 liters per person
- Alcoholic beverages – up to 3 liters per person
It is prohibited to export from Abkhazia:
- Eucalyptus, boxwood and propolis
- Dairy, meat and fish-canned products domestic production or without the original packaging and trademarks
- Jewelry, art objects, Antiques and other values that are not specified in the Declaration
- Weapons, ammunition, and copies of them
Import of currency to Abkhazia
Restrictions on the amount of money that you can take from Russia to Abkhazia dictated by the Russian customs. Tourists can easily take out rubles or any other currency, but if you export from Russia cash amount in rubles or any currency equivalent to more than 10 000 USD, you need to make it in the Declaration. This applies to all persons, including minors, so a family of two adults and two children can without declaring to take out an amount equivalent to 40 000 USD. Please note that we are talking only about cash, on a plastic card you can take out without making a customs Declaration arbitrarily large amount.
Trip to Abkhazia with animals
For transporting a pet across the border to make an international passport for the animal. You also need a veterinary certificate which shows the marks of vaccination against rabies and that the animal is healthy.