General information about the resort
The Bichvinta (Pitsunda) – resort city on the black sea coast of Abkhazia in the Gagra district, 90 kilometers from the capital Sukhum, and in 60 kilometers from the Psou checkpoint on the border of the Russian Federation (Pitsunda on the map of Abkhazia). From all other resorts of Abkhazia Pitsunda differs in that it is set back from the main highway of the country, the Sukhumi highway, why staying here is one of the best on the coast. Also Pitsunda resort are the nearby areas and resorts Alakhadze (Alajaji), Citrus, Poultry, Dairy, and LZA (fish factory), Agaraki, Golden Bay, Musser. Almost the whole town depends on tourism, so this is one of the few places in Abkhazia, where the local residents are trying to improve the conditions for stay of tourists.
In this guide to Pitsunda, you will learn everything you need for independent travel or vacation at this resort. If you prefer an organized tour, you can find and book tours in Abkhazia, including a deferred payment, the following checked services online search and booking of tours, or by using the search box:
- Tours to Abkhazia on Level.Travel
- Tours to Abkhazia Travelata.ru
- Tours to Abkhazia for the Onlinetours.tu
Rest in Pitsunda
Pitsunda can be called the most comfortable place to stay in Abkhazia. This applies both to the month, and to nearby towns and resorts that are traditionally considered part of Pitsunda. In our view (authors website) this is the only place in Abkhazia where you can really feel the spirit and comfort of the resort town: clean and well maintained, with a developed tourist infrastructure. Of course, the devastation here is too short, but at least she's not on the same scale as, for example, in Gagra, and it is felt that at least some order is induced.
Almost the entire coast here the beaches. They are mostly pebble and pebble, on the East of the city in the Gulf of Pitsunda Bay beaches gradually become mixed sandy-pebble (the village of Agarti and Golden Bay). Further in the Bay Musser pebble beach. However, for a beach holiday you should take along a special beach shoes for swimming, as without it to go into the water on cobblestones is very painful, what can we say about games on the beach. The water is very clear, and the depth and the sunset in the water is comfortable, not too sharp. On land here there are excellent conditions: the entire coast is surrounded by greenery, beautiful slender cypresses and the Pitsunda pine famous Pitsunda pine grove.
As for infrastructure, all the conditions for rest are available here, but don't expect from Pitsunda-level resort world, or even the Russian level. There are a lot of hotels and resorts, guest houses and the private sector, but objectively is to say that price does not always match the quality.
Search and book hotels in Pitsunda
Weather and tourist seasons in Pitsunda, when to go
Tourist season in Sochi lasts from may to October, inclusive, nevertheless, the seasons and the popularity of the resort among tourists varies from month to month:
- May. The air at the end of may is already warm, you can even sunbathe, but the sea is still too cool for comfortable swimming with children is not recommended. Still keep in mind that the tourist infrastructure is still not fully operational at this time: many cafes and entertainment are only being prepared for opening.
- Jun. In June, especially in the second half, the sea is warm. At this time, you can come to rest even with the kids
- In July and August. The best season for rest, but at that time the largest influx of tourists and rising prices. But not many tourists to avoid visiting this time.
- In September and October. End the holiday season and school holidays, and the velvet season begins. Most vacationers are leaving, prices are falling. But the weather is still very comfortable to stay until the beginning of October. It's the perfect time to relax, but in the second half of October gets too cool, so better plan the trip in the first half.
Seasons in Pitsunda months, when is the best time to go
* best time to visit;
appropriate time to visit;
not a recommended time to visit