Special visa regime on Phu Quoc island in Vietnam

Attention! We constantly try to monitor any changes in the visa regime and to make timely on this page the most accurate information. However, we do not warrant that the submitted information is rapidly changing visa regulations of individual countries, therefore, the information on this page is presented for information.

Attention! 01.01.2015 tightened conditions for visa-free entry to Vietnam for citizens of those countries which had visa-free stay of up to 15 days. From the CIS countries have such a right only citizens of the Russian Federation. Now to get the stamp on the visa-free stay, the validity of passport must be not less than 6 months from the date of entry (previously three months). Also since the last exit from Vietnam should not be less than 30 days. Read more here...

Information current as of January 2015.

Phu Quoc island in Vietnam is a special economic zone, and there is a special visa conditions that are different from the rest of the country. If you arrive on Phu Quoc island for tourism purposes for up to 30 days, the visa you do not need. This applies to citizens of all countries, not just citizens of Russia. Upon arrival at Phu Quoc island, you just get a stamp in the passport (Visa Exemption Stamp) for the period of stay of 30 days. Sometimes, instead of a stamp glued sticker full page of a passport similar to a visa. Of course, to take advantage of this easing visa, you must comply with some conditions:

  • Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry.
  • The period of stay on Phu Quoc island should be no more than 30 days.
  • You must have return tickets or tickets to a third country.
  • During your stay in Phu Quoc, you should not visit other cities of Vietnam (should be only on the island).
  • You must arrive on a direct flight Phu Quoc (by plane or by ship) from another country. It is also possible the arrival of a flight with a stopover in Ho Chi Minh city or Hanoi, but with the proviso that at Phu Quoc island you will depart from the international terminal.

Unfortunately, this stamp is valid only on the territory of the island, and beyond him you can not leave. If you want to travel to mainland Vietnam from Phu Quoc island, you will need to obtain a visa that can be done right here on the island, having addressed in travel Agency.

You can also get a visa on arrival at the international airport of Fukuoka on the same terms as in the other international airports of Vietnam. Recall that for the Russians visa on arrival to Vietnam is issued free of charge.

Comments / recent posts on the topic on the forum
sav29ru 27 Sep 2017, 08:37
Good day. Tell me how it is better to apply for a visa, arrival to Phu Quoc and flight from Cam Ranh Bay, longer than 23 days. In travel Agency in Phu Quoc or Ho Chi Minh city (expected arrival date)? With thanks in advance. ...
admin 28 Sep 2017, 04:40
For a start, tell me, are you a citizen of a country, Russia? ...
30 Oct 2017, 10:01
Please tell me - will there be questions about a return ticket at the airport of Bangkok (layover ), when flights to Vietnam from Russia? What to do if a return ticket is not planned, but an invitation paid for and waiting for in Vietnam? And put the visa in Ho Chi Minh city without a return ticket? ...
admin 30 may 2017, 17:41
At the entrance to Thailand required a return ticket or a ticket to a third country, you will be the last, so that problems will not arise. About visa interesting question... cannot say right Now, will try to find out ...
Tsiba 01 Nov 2017, 07:06
Good day!

I fly a direct flight to Phu Quoc, but want to go for a couple of days on the mainland. Do I need a visa and can I arrange it upon arrival in Fukuoka airport? ...
admin 01 Nov 2017, 11:17
Can get visa on arrival in Fukuoka, and then is no problem to get to the mainland. For Russian citizens visa is free of charge ...
01 Nov 2017, 23:04
Good evening!
When crossing the land border(going from Sihanoukville to Phu Quoc) possible visa-free entry? Whether you will have to pay for a visa to get in Vietnam? Trip more than 15 days. Or have the opportunity to do it for free at Fukuoka? ...
admin 02 Nov 2017, 10:13
Assuming that you a little incorrectly understand a visa-free regime on the island of Phu Quoc, please correct if wrong: you got it.
When crossing land borders Russian citizens receive a stamp on a 15-day visa-free stay, unrelated to the visa-free stay in Phu Quoc. Ie, you get a stamp, and will be able to visit Ho Chi Minh city and Phu Quoc island without any problems with this stamp, but is in country only 15 days. To stay longer, I see two options:
1. Get a visa in Cambodia in Phnom Penh, and it is moving on the ground.
2. Buy plane tickets and fly to Ho Chi Minh city or Phu Quoc island and get there visa on arrival at the airport for free.
About how to obtain visa upon arrival while in Vietnam I don't know, perhaps there are semi-legal ways, but certainly not free. Well still as a variant it is possible to extend visa-free stay in place, but this money is very expensive, cheaper plane tickets to buy. ...
Maureen 24 Nov 2017, 07:28
Good day! Often fail in getting the E-visa? Food in Phan Thiet via the Ho Chi Minh city, 17 days ...
admin 24 Nov 2017, 08:09
About any news. Missed the moment, now that electronic Vietnam issued steel. Your question is not answer, but will try to find out. ...