Special visa regime on Phu Quoc island in Vietnam
Information current as of January 2015.
Phu Quoc island in Vietnam is a special economic zone, and there is a special visa conditions that are different from the rest of the country. If you arrive on Phu Quoc island for tourism purposes for up to 30 days, the visa you do not need. This applies to citizens of all countries, not just citizens of Russia. Upon arrival at Phu Quoc island, you just get a stamp in the passport (Visa Exemption Stamp) for the period of stay of 30 days. Sometimes, instead of a stamp glued sticker full page of a passport similar to a visa. Of course, to take advantage of this easing visa, you must comply with some conditions:
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry.
- The period of stay on Phu Quoc island should be no more than 30 days.
- You must have return tickets or tickets to a third country.
- During your stay in Phu Quoc, you should not visit other cities of Vietnam (should be only on the island).
- You must arrive on a direct flight Phu Quoc (by plane or by ship) from another country. It is also possible the arrival of a flight with a stopover in Ho Chi Minh city or Hanoi, but with the proviso that at Phu Quoc island you will depart from the international terminal.
Unfortunately, this stamp is valid only on the territory of the island, and beyond him you can not leave. If you want to travel to mainland Vietnam from Phu Quoc island, you will need to obtain a visa that can be done right here on the island, having addressed in travel Agency.
You can also get a visa on arrival at the international airport of Fukuoka on the same terms as in the other international airports of Vietnam. Recall that for the Russians visa on arrival to Vietnam is issued free of charge.