As tourists to return the tax for purchases in Vietnam
As in many other countries, in Vietnam in 2011 introduced a VAT refund system for "VAT Refund", which allows tourists to return part of the cost of expensive purchases when leaving the country. Return 85% of the amount of tax paid, which is included in the price of goods, the tax is approximately 10% and depends on the type of goods, i.e. the return of approximately 8.5% of the total value of the goods, and sometimes more. If to speak in more specific numbers, then, for example, if you buy an expensive souvenir for $ 200, for example, at checkout you will be able to return $ 17.
To take advantage of the tax refund, must be met certain conditions:
- You are not a member of crew of aircraft or ships.
- The goods must be purchased in the store, which can issue the appropriate documents to return. This can be found from sellers in the store.
- The goods must be purchased no earlier than 30 days before departure. Ie if you stay in Vietnam for a few months, such purchases are best saved for the last month of stay.
- The amount of each of the purchases in a store must be at least 2 000 000 VND for one day (approximately 86.22 $ ., see Vietnam currency and the exchange rate). If you buy goods in the same store on different days, this purchase, unfortunately, will not be considered for tax refund. An upper limit of the amount is not established.
- This product should not be among the prohibited for export from Vietnam (see Vietnam customs regulations, what you can and cannot take).
- You fly through one of the international airports of Vietnam or through the port:
- Hanoi airport - Noi Bai International airport
- Ho Chi Minh city airport - Tan Son Nhat International airport
- Nha Trang Airport - Cam Ranh International Airport
- Sea port of Nha Trang - Nha Trang seaport
- Airport Da Nang - Da Nang International Airport
- Sea port of da Nang - Da Nang port
- Sea port of Ho Chi Minh - Khanh Hoi International seaport
- Airport Phu Quoc - Phu Quoc International Airport
- Seaport of the island of Con Dao , Ben Dam Con Dao Seaport
As the tax return for purchases
The phase of the return of the purchase price begins at the purchase. First of all do not forget about the conditions that the goods must be purchased no earlier than 30 days prior to departure from the country, and that the purchase amount in one shop in one day should be not less than 2 000 000 VND. Also need to check before purchase whether the store system tax refund.
When buying you will need to sign a special document on the form (doing this the sellers themselves), which will need your passport.
The return of the amount of tax shall be made at the airport before departure after check-in and receive a boarding pass. After that we will need to proceed to a special counter or office VAT refund (to find them easily, they are labeled at each airport).
There is need to provide a document and receipt, passport, boarding pass, and do the goods purchased. Especially don't forget about the last paragraph and not hand over the things in the Luggage, or after registering, you simply will not be able to show at the front, as baggage at check-in. After verification, you will receive the refund amount in cash in VND that you can change right here in the airport, back to dollars or another currency. The exchange rate in the airports in Vietnam are acceptable.