General information on Phuket
The island of Phuket (Phuket) - the most popular resort in Thailand, located in the South-East of the country in the Andaman sea of the Indian ocean. Phuket is also an independent province. The capital of the island and the province is the city of Phuket (Phuket town).
Has dimensions: length 50 km, width 21 km, area of 543 sq km "Phuket" is translated from Malaysian as "mountain" (Tanjung Salang, Salang Mountain). The highest point is Mai Thao SIP song (Twelve Reeds Peak), towering at 750 metres above sea level. Despite Novoselye size, Phuket is the largest island of Thailand.
From the mainland of Phuket is separated by a Strait whose minimum width is just 600 metres away. In the Western part of the Strait is connected to the mainland by two bridges: Sarasin (the direction of transport to the mainland) and Thao Thep Krasatri (the direction of movement of transport on the island).
Phuket is famous and popular among tourists for its beaches and well developed resorts, beautiful coral reefs and coves, rocks and clear sea. Here is several resort areas that are very different from each other in atmosphere and infrastructure development. The most popular and developed resort, Patong beach, almost not inferior to the entertainment capital – the city of Pattaya. But a place much quieter and calmer, where there is a village atmosphere, and no one and nothing will disturb your relaxing beach holiday. Around is full of small Islands, some of which are uninhabited and, at the same time, accessible to tourists. A large part of Phuket is covered with tropical forests, which, combined with falls, parks, coconut plantations makes Phuket an ideal place for relaxation and excursions to the jungle.
For tourists there are all conditions which can only wish. You can settle in the most developed and busy tourist area and Patong beach, which is hardly inferior to the famous Pattaya Central and offers a quiet and secluded beach of Mai Khao, where for many kilometres you will not meet anyone. And it is possible to find a middle ground and settle on the beach of Bang Tao, where and to entertainment of Patong very close, and beach-goers quite a bit. In General, the place you can pick up for every taste. There is, however, one feature: Phuket are very few hotels on the first line, and most of the time to get to the beach, have to cross the roadway.
Not deprived of Phuket and historical and cultural attractions: many churches and several museums. Also has many natural attractions and beauty, you can make a trekking trip through the forest, Quad Biking, horse riding on elephants and so on. And yet, here the best conditions for surfing in Thailand and even hosts international competitions.
The infrastructure on Phuket is well developed, the whole of the island permeate the roads are excellent, many shopping centers everywhere, hotels, cafes, restaurants, entertainment. But on the other hand, unfortunately, Phuket is no longer a wild tropical Paradise, and if you are looking for Meloidogyne tourist destination, better to look for another island.
Weather in Phuket, the tourist seasons
Phuket is a tropical climate throughout the year is hot and humid. Here there is no winter, summer, spring and autumn. On Phuket and throughout Thailand, decided to allocate only two seasons – rainy season and dry season. Throughout the year the temperature does not fluctuate much and remains in the range of 30-33 degrees. The hottest months are considered the months from March to may.
Dry season (high season) usually lasts from November to April. This is the best time to travel to the island. If I had to pick a time to visit the island, it is best to go in the period.
The rainy season (low season) lasts from may to October. This time can be long rains and the sky for a few days overcast. But can be quite nice, Sunny weather. During this period, the probability of being in bad weather is significantly higher than in the dry season, but usually the rains, though heavy, still short.
An important factor to stay in Phuket are the waves. In April to Phuket from the West begin to blow the monsoons, forming permanent waves. High waves occurs in June-August. Besides the constantly blowing wind and the waves beat and wash debris and dirt. Considering that most beaches in Phuket located on the West coast of the island, tourists who prefer a "lying-floating" beach holiday with the coast disappear, and their place is taken by more active surfers. Only on some beaches during this period, you can safely wallow in the water. In October the waves are on the decline, and in November begins the influx of tourists and high season.
The seasons in Phuket for months, when is the best time to go
* best time to visit;
appropriate time to visit;
not a recommended time to visit
Current weather in Phuket and forecast for the near future:
- Feb 263:00+27°C7m/sRH. 72%
- Feb 2612:00+29°C3M/sRH. 75%
- Feb 2621:00+27°C7m/sRH. 77%
- 27 Feb6:00+29°C5m/sRH. 72%
- 27 Feb15:00+28°C5m/sRH. 75%
- Feb 280:00+27°C9M/sRH. 76%
- Feb 289:00+29°C6m/sRH. 72%
- Feb 2818:00+27°C8m/sRH. 78%
- 29 Feb3:00+27°C6m/sRH. 75%
- 29 Feb12:00+29°C3M/sRH. 71%
- 29 Feb21:00+26°C4m/sRH. 78%
- 01 Mar6:00+28°C2m/sRH. 64%
* forecast is based on the local time. Data received https://openweathermap.org. If you see outdated of date, refresh the page with F5+Ctrl.
Time in Phuket
Time difference between Phuket and Moscow is +4 hours in winter and summer.
|Moscow: +4||Samara: +3|
|Kazan: +4||Nizhny Novgorod: +4|
|Ekaterinburg: +2||Novosibirsk: 0|
|Irkutsk: -1||Vladivostok: -3|
- Bus Pattaya-Phuket. Very often, tourists wonder about how to get from Pattaya to Phuket or Vice versa. Regular bus route between Pattaya and Phuket does not exist, but a private company operates a daily night flights on this route. Information you can find here - http://www.phuket-pattaya.com/english.html.
- One-way roads. If you rent a transport, keep in mind that in major cities, Phuket is a lot expensive with one-way traffic, so be careful.
- Russian language on Phuket. Even if you don't know the English language, in Phuket you can relax with the knowledge of only the Russian language. In recent years there appeared a lot of signs in Russian, menus in restaurants are duplicated in Russian, there are free maps of the island Russian.
- Conflicts with tuk tuks and taxi drivers. Even if you have to bargain with them, or swear to prove your innocence, remember that there is a whole mafia of carriers, and conflict of tourists with them often end in fights not in favor of the customers because in the conflict included the whole gang.
- Rent beach chairs on the beach. 2014 all sunbeds from the beaches was removed, because it is illegal. Now on the beach you can come with your inflatable mattress and a parasol that you can buy in local stores.