Krabi town in Thailand
General information about Krabi town
Krabi town or Krabi town (Krabi Town) is a small town (population slightly more than 25 000 people) in southern Thailand, capital of the province of Krabi. The city is situated on the banks of the river Krabi at the Andaman sea (Krabi town on the map of the province).
The city is not for tourists special interest as an independent tourist destination. There are no beaches, no entertainment, no large amount of interesting attractions. He's very provincial, and after 19 hours of almost all fall asleep. However, tourists are frequent guests of the town because it is the main transport gateway to the province of Krabi, resorts and Islands which is quite popular. Nearby is the international airport (sometimes there are even Charter flights from Russia), most regular bus routes from the major cities of Thailand, including from Bangkok, arriving at the city bus station, not the resorts in the province. Already arriving in the city, tourists are transplanted to local transport and go to places of recreation. I.e. Krabi town is mainly used as a transit base.
However, there are several reasons to stay in Krabi town for a day or two. You can stay here for the night after arrival or before departure to rest. Occasional short stop travellers on the way to Malaysia or back. Also, some tourists stay in the town to feel the spirit of provincial Thai town, it is worth it.
A separate category of travelers staying in the city and uses it as a base for trips around the province. This makes sense, since in Krabi town, the hotel prices are much lower than in the resort areas of the province, and it is possible to take a motorbike to rent and to travel across the entire province.
Despite the fact that the city is not an isolated tourist area, all that may be necessary for the tourist, there are hotels, travel agencies, restaurants, shops, rent a motorbike. There are several shopping centers (Big C, Tesco, Vogue) and markets where prices are lower than in the resort areas of the province. Therefore, tourists often come here from the beaches to purchase inexpensive food, or to buy something serious of manufactured goods. And there's a lot of people's food courts where you can try unusual local food stalls.
Weather and tourist seasons in Krabi
Visit Krabi all year round, it is always warm.
The low season. In the period from June to October (rather, from mid-may to mid-November) the rainy season, and possible frequent and long rains, especially in August and September. This time it is not recommended to visit.
High season. The period from November to April is the best time to visit.
Seasons in Krabi town for months*
* best time to visit;
appropriate time to visit;
not a recommended time to visit
Hotels in Krabi town
Hotels in Krabi town abound, and their cost is perhaps the lowest of all tourist destinations in the province. To rent a great double room with air conditioning, a fridge and even a balcony it's easy for $ 15. In low season it is possible to find single room with fan all for $ 5!
A separate tourist area with hotels here, and you can safely choose a hotel in any part of the city, just not far from the centre. But still it is best to choose accommodation closer to the river embankment (along Utarakit Rd). A number of cheap hotels also focuses on Chao Fa street Alley, which is known as the tourist street.
Find and book accommodation in Krabi can on these sites or via the search form. All sites have Russian interface and Russian-speaking customer support, numerous real guests reviews. And in Agoda and Booking are bonus system:
- Search hotels in Krabi province on Agoda.com
- Search hotels in Krabi province on Booking.com
- Search hotels in Krabi province on Hotellook.com
- To search for accommodation in Krabi province on Airbnb and get a bonus of 2100 rubles for first booking
Map of Krabi town hotels
- Inexpensive meals are served at the evening market along the promenade, or evening Walking street market. On the Walking street, the prices are quite high by local standards.
- The bulk of budget hotels and guest houses is located in the centre of the city on the Chao Fa Alley Several inexpensive guest houses are on Issara Road.
- Main Vogue shopping center is located in the centre of town on Maharaj Alley. The most fresh and inexpensive products you can buy at the morning indoor market Food Market on Maharat Maharaj 9 Alley.
- Outside the city on the way to the airport, there are large shopping centres Big C, Outlet Mall and Tesco Lotus. You can get there by bus or taxi to the airport.