Krabi: tourist information, seasons, weather, etc.
The province of Krabi (Krabi prvonce) is a province in southern Thailand, a popular place for a beach holiday. The province total area is 4708 square kilometers, which is almost 10 times smaller than Moscow region, and the population of the entire province is only 440 000 people. This is one of the sparsely populated provinces of Thailand. The coast of Krabi are washed by the Andaman sea (Krabi province on the map)
Still on the Internet on some travel sites you can find mention of the island of Krabi in Thailand. In fact, no island Krabi does not exist, it's just fiction travel agencies and websites that reprint each other unverified information. There is only the province of Krabi city, Krabi (Krabi town), which is the capital of the province.
Krabi occupies a special place among the resorts of Thailand. This place is still not very popular and visited by tourists. Here it is still possible to find untouched corners of nature, unspoiled by tourists inhabitants, wild deserted beaches. But every year these places are becoming fewer. Tourists gradually master the province, and considerable among them are Russians and citizens of CIS countries.
Despite this, the tourism infrastructure in the province is well developed and is growing every day. There are several resort areas, the main occupation of the locals where is the tourist service. Among them the beach of AO Nang, Krabi town, Lanta island, the island of Phi Phi, Railay beach, and others. In these places all conditions for carefree holidays: there are lots of hotels, bars and restaurants, entertainment, excursions.
Historical sites of the province can not boast, there are no outstanding historical or cultural monuments. But the hallmark of the province is its natural beauty. Here are a few national parks, wonderful beaches, a huge number of Islands, beautiful rocks and mountains, rainforests, caves, waterfalls, hot springs. It is in Krabi is the place where they filmed the famous movie "the Beach" with Leonardo Di Caprio, and it can even be visited with a guided tour. See more about attractions of Krabi province.
The main type of holiday – beach, which is diluted the more active types of recreation such as diving, snorkeling, Hiking, climbing, kayaking, etc Among the guests of the province often "winterers", coming to Krabi for a few months in winter.
The main resort areas of Krabi
- Krabi town (Krabi town). The capital of the province. Unattractive to traditional tourists, beachgoers place. No beaches, low attractions. The pros of the place are the low prices for accommodation, food and manufactured goods, large stores, transport hub. Maxim here usually stay for a day or two.
- AO Nang (Ao Nang). The most developed beach resort in the province. Has everything you need for a beach holiday, also perfect beaches. The beach is average. Nightlife and entertainment are underdeveloped, but it's the best thing in the province.
- Beach noppharat Thara (Noppharat Thara beach) - This two-kilometer beach, an independent tourist district - the sequel of AO Nang, but more deserted and beautiful. Not very suitable for swimming.
- Railay (Railay Rai Leh) is a Peninsula near AO Nang with its tourist area and beautiful beaches Railay West, Religions of the East, Phra Nang and Tonsai. All these beaches have in common is that you can reach them only by boat.
- The Beach Of Ao Nammao. It is a quiet rural district with minimal infrastructure, not the nicest beach, but low housing prices.
- The Island Of Phi Phi (Ko Phi Phi)
- The Lanta island (Ko Lanta) - a beautiful resort that combines the developed infrastructure and quiet atmosphere. It is not as noisy as on Phi Phi, but it is very long and beautiful beaches.
Weather, tourist seasons in Krabi province
Province all year round suitable for relaxation, it is always hot.
High season and the ideal time is between November to may. It is the dry season, and at the same time more cool.
Low season runs from June to October. At this time, sees a significant amount of rain, blowing South-westerly winds. Even at this time you can rest here, only with less comfort, but the prices are down by almost half compared to the high season.
Seasons in Krabi by months*
* best time to visit;
appropriate time to visit;
not a recommended time to visit
Current Krabi weather and forecast for the near future:
How to get to Krabi
In the province of Krabi is located just a few resorts, including the island. More details about how to get into private resorts, read the relevant sections:
- How to get to Krabi town
- How to get to AO Nang
- How to get to Koh Phi Phi
- How to get to Krabi from Phuket
- How to get to Koh Lanta
In the province of Krabi is an international airport Krabi (Krabi International Airport KBV). It receives international flights from neighbouring Asian countries, but from Russia and CIS countries can only be reached with a transfer. Most often a transplant do in Bangkok, with the most beneficial after arrival in Bangkok international airport Suvarnabhumi to move to Shuttle-bass or a taxi to the old airport don Muang (Mueang), and there to Board a flight on budget airline AirAsia, LionAir or NokAir (see all the airlines of Thailand). If such transfers do not suit you, you can choose from available flights immediately with transfers from Russia and other countries.
Much cheaper from Bangkok and other resorts and cities of Thailand to Krabi can be reached by avtosh. Most intercity buses in the province arrive at the main bus station in Talad Kao, which is a few kilometers from the center of Krabi town, but there are direct flights to and from AO Nang and. Lanta. Here you can drive at least from Bangkok, Hua hin, Surat Thani (here is the convenient railway station), Phuket (on the van), Samui (ferry+bus). From Pattaya, Chiang Mai and other cities North of here the buses do not go, you will need to get a transfer through Bangkok.
If you prefer to move by train, then you can get here by rail, although directly through Krabi, it is not. From Bangkok, Hua hin and other cities of the North with a stopover in Bangkok you can reach the city of Surat Thani, and then directly into the railway station there is a bus to Krabi for 200 baht, 3-4 hours. You can also take the train from Malaysia and Singapore but to Trang (Trang). From Trang buses depart every hour, journey 45 minutes, 121 baht.
from Phuket and Lipe island by ferry/boat you can get on Koh Lanta and Phi Phi island, on Klong Gilad pier in Krabi town, and Noppharat Thara pier in AO Nang.
Read more about all the ways as how to get to Krabi here...
Attractions in Krabi, what to see
Throughout Krabi province and its individual resorts scattered many interesting sights. Mostly natural places such as caves, hot springs, rocks and mountains, beaches, waterfalls, underwater world. But there are several historical and cultural attractions, in particular, a very famous Tiger temple Wat Tham Suea, mountains and caves of Khao Kanab Nam, Wat Kaew Korawaram. A special place among all the attractions is hot springs to visit which are not only interesting, but helpful and pleasant. Well, you should definitely see the famous emerald, blue and crystal lake.
Visit the attractions in Krabi are the easiest in the composition of ready-made tours that are sold everywhere and are inexpensive. If you prefer to explore the interesting places yourself, you can rent a motorbike or hire a taxi. But to visit the Islands still have with the city, since the hiring of the individual boats would be too expensive.
- Protection of the camera during the tours. On various boat trips to Islands and Snorkelling should not go with a camera without a protective and waterproof case. Even if you don't plan to dive into the water with a camera, protect camera from water still will not be superfluous.
- The guides and maps. On arrival at Krabi airport, on the rack of information you can take a free full-color guidebooks and maps for the province and its individual resorts.