How to get to Koh Lanta, transportation
The Lanta island is in Krabi province and it is traditionally accessible via Krabi airport or other resorts and Islands of the province. But on Lanta can also be reached from Phuket, Trang province, the province Satun (Koh Lipe) and a transit point between Malaysia and Thailand city hat Yai. Below are all the ways to get to Koh Lanta.
- How to get to Krabi town
- How to get to Phuket from Krabi
- Krabi Airport
- Bus station Krabi
- Klong Jilad Pier
On the plane
On Lanta island has no airport and the nearest Krabi airport is 70 km away. To him, the cheapest places to fly budget airlines from the old airport at don Muang, but you can from the new Bangkok airport Suvarnabhumi.
Can also be reached via Phuket airport or Trang, but the relocation of them to the island would be more expensive and longer.
Budget airlines AirAsia, NokAir and on their websites offer an excellent option of flights included in the ticket transfer service to Koh Lanta in Saladan pier.
Find and book tickets to Krabi, on the date, you can through the search form. Search is very flexible, and allows you to search for flights on different dates, with or without transfers, in both directions or one, etc.:
Cheapest flights from Europe to Krabi:
|DATE OF DEPARTURE||RETURN DATE||The AIRLINE||TRANSPLANT||FIND TICKET|
|11.10.2018||24.10.2018||1 transplant||FIND FROM 32374 ₽|
|01.11.2018||14.11.2018||1 transplant||FIND FROM 32374 ₽|
|03.12.2018||12.12.2018||1 transplant||TO FIND 32428 ₽|
|21.01.2019||30.01.2019||1 transplant||FIND FROM 32374 ₽|
|18.02.2019||25.03.2019||1 transplant||TO FIND 32428 ₽|
|12.03.2019||25.03.2019||1 transplant||FIND FROM 32374 ₽|
|29.04.2019||07.05.2019||2 transplant||TO FIND 37609 ₽|
|01.06.2019||08.06.2019||1 transplant||TO FIND 38917 ₽|
|15.07.2019||28.07.2019||2 transplant||FIND FROM 44874 ₽|
|28.08.2019||21.09.2019||2 transplant||FIND FROM 50417 ₽|
|01.09.2019||30.09.2019||2 transplant||FIND FROM 43018 ₽|
How to get from Krabi airport to Koh Lanta
If your ticket does not include transportation to Koh Lanta, you can get a taxi for 2500 baht per car/3000 baht minivan.
If taxi is too expensive, you can get a minivan for 450-600 baht. These minivans depart from the airport from 08:30 to 15:30 every hour. To book tickets and check the schedule on the website - krabitransfers.in.th
If this option does not suit you, you can reach by taxi to the bus station in Talad Kao (80 baht) or in the center of Krabi town Songhtaew (90 baht) and there take a minivan to Koh Lanta the Minivan from there leave every hour from 07:00 to 17:00 PM, cost - from 250 baht (from the center of the city is slightly more expensive).
Another option - from the airport drive to the pier to Klong Jilad, and then take a ferry to Lanta (see below), but it will go higher.
With some of the nearby resorts and transport points on Lanta more convenient and sometimes even cheaper (if you are company) by taxi or private minivan. Sample prices for the trip (in baht):
- Lanta - Krabi Airport - 2,500
- Lanta - Krabi town - 2,700
- Lanta - AO Nang - 3,000
- Lanta - Khlong Moung - 3,200
- Lanta - Phuket Airport, Naiyang beach - 4,500
- Lanta - Phuket beaches , Surin, Bang Tao, Phuket town - 5,000
- Lanta - Phuket beaches Patong, Kata, Karon - 5,000
- Lanta - Khao Lak - 5,000
- Lanta - Khao Sok - 5,000
- Lanta - Surat Thani - 5,000
- Lanta - don Sak pier (from Koh Samui) - 5,000
- Lanta - Pakmeng Pier (Koh Hai) - 3,000
- Lanta - Khuantunggu Pier (Koh Mook) - 3,300
- Lanta - Trang Town - 3,500
- Lanta- Hat Yai - 5,500
You can book a taxi through the Internet sites or through a search form:
Directly on the large island of Ko Lanta buses from distant areas of Thailand do not go, so with other resorts and towns will have to travel through the bus station in Krabi province Talad Kao. Arriving at Talad Kao will need to take the minivan to Lanta (smuggled to the island by ferry). Minivans depart from there every hour from 07:00 to 17:00, cost is 250 baht. For route planning can use the schedule or book tickets using the search/schedule below.
Some travel agencies offer direct transfer to Lanta from popular resorts, but in fact it is moving with the change at the station Talda Kao or in the center of Phuket town.
- From Krabi airport to Lanta. Minivans from the airport leave every hour from 07:00 to 17:00, cost is 250 baht, 2-3 hours.
- From Krabi town, AO Nang. Minivans from the center of Krabi town leave every hour from 07:00 to 17:00, 250 baht, 2-3 hours. Transportation (Lanta-Krabi) from 06:00 to 15:00. Tickets are you can buy in any Agency and hotel, Krabi town and AO Nang. From AO Nang you will have to pay extra for the Shuttle from the hotel to the place of departure of the van.
- From Trang. Direct minivans from bus and railway station Trang to Lanta travel to 09:30, 10:50, 12:20, 13:45, 15:10, 16:30. Back 08:00, 09:20, 10:40, 12:00, 13:30, 15:00. In the path 2-3 hours.
- With Phuket. Direct minivans with new Phuket bus station leave every hour from 08:00 to 15:00, cost 350 baht, about 5-6 hours.
- From Bangkok and Hua hin. From Bangkok (via Hua hin and Cha-am) buses depart from the southern and Northern bus terminal (the schedule see the table below). Cost from 660 baht journey time – 11 hours. It is better to use a night bus to arrive in Krabi in the morning and have time to take the minivan to Lanta.
💲 Pay the ticket online
✉ Will receive an itinerary receipt by email
🚌 Arrive to departure
On Lanta, the water can be reached from Phuket, Islands of Phi Phi, from the pier at Klong Jilad, Krabi town, pier Nopparat Thara Pier in AO Nang, Railay beach and Koh Lipe. All ferries arrive and depart from the pier in Saladan Pier (Ban Sala Dan) (pier on the map)
Check the schedule and book tickets on the ferry can through the search form.
Directions and the cost of the ferry on the island of Koh Lanta (in baht):
- Lanta - Phuket - 800
- Lanta - AO Nang - 550
- Lanta - Krabi town - 400
- Lanta - island of Koh Jum (Ko Jum) - 400
- Lanta - island Phi Phi - 450
- Lanta - Railay beach - 550
- Lanta - Lipe o - 1500
To get on hired transport to Koh Lanta difficulties will not be, but will have to overcome two ferries. On the mainland you need to go to the village of Baan Hua Hin where to cross to Lanta Noi, then drive around the island and on the ferry already to the main island Lanta Yai.
Ferries operate 07:00 to 22:00, price: motorbike and 40 baht, a car – 130 baht.
Transport, how to travel around the island
On Lanta there is no public transport, and to move will have to use taxi, motorcycle taxi, or rent a transport.
A trip on a motorcycle taxi within the Islands is around 150 baht. Rent a motorbike for Thai standards very expensive here: at least 200 baht a day. Cars (mostly jeeps) are rolled on Lanta for 1200 baht.
To get to your hotel or the beach on arrival to Lanta at Saladan pier, you can use the free Shuttle service offered by some hotels when booking a room in advance from them.