Hat Yai (Hat Yai): tourist information
General information on hat Yai
Hat Yai (also Haad Yai, hat Yai, Hat Yai, Had Yai) is a major city in the South of Thailand in Songkla (Songkhla) 60 kilometers from the border with Malaysia (hat Yai map Thailand). Many hat Yai mistakenly considered a small provincial town, however, it is the fourth largest Thai city (158 000 people, 385 000 with the suburbs), the largest city in the South and an important center of business.
Hat Yai is very popular with the Malays and the inhabitants of Singapore as a place where they come for entertainment (including sex tourism), shopping and simply relaxing in a more relaxed atmosphere than in their home countries. European tourists are mostly here to watch and nothing to do, I would not. However, hat Yai is a very important and frequently visited transit backpackers as a major transport hub and transit point on the way from Thailand to Malaysia and Singapore, or Vice versa. Sometimes you have to spend the night to continue their journey in the morning.
If we put in hat Yai, it will be possible to spend the time doing shopping in one of the many shopping centers or markets. As the city border, shopping here is interesting and profitable, even by Thai standards. From entertainment tonight you can find almost everything, but the European tourists are a novelty, so be careful in all the wrong places. One of the landmarks of the town is the kitchen. It is very diverse and includes Thai, Malaysian, Chinese and Indonesian.
Attractions in hat Yai is almost there. If something is interesting and can be found only in the nearby city of Songkhla (Songkhla), which is the cultural capital of the province. Out of interest, in the city are:
- Floating market Khlong Hae Floating Market outside the city. Nothing special, simple small market with boats moored to the shore, with which he is dealing. The prices are very low. (on the map)
- Temple hat Yai (Wat Hat Yai Nai or Wat Mahatthamongkalaram). The city's main Church with a large statue of the reclining Buddha (35m, according to some estimates the third largest in size). (on the map)
- Municipal Park Hat Yai Park. A large amusement Park is located outside of the city (on the map). There is a ropeway, exhibition ice sculptures, flower Park, bird Park, Observatory, pond, food court and food trucks. The website hatyaipark.com/
- Waterfall Ton Nga Chang Waterfall. This big beautiful seven-level waterfall is 30 kilometers from the city (on the map). At the foot of one of the cascades there is a pool and there are always many tourists and local residents.
- Pagoda Phra Maha Chedi Tripob Trimongkol. This is a unique and very beautiful pagoda. It is entirely made of stainless steel, and it is the only pagoda in its kind. Inside it is empty, and you can go into it. Located outside the city on the hill (on the map).
- Museum Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn Natural History Museum Is not a Museum about the Royal family, as you might think from the title. This is quite an interesting natural history Museum, or something like our "Darwin Museum". Located on the outskirts of town (on the map). Website: www.nhm.psu.ac.th
How to get to hat Yai
As we have already mentioned, hat Yai is a major transportation center on the route from Thailand to Malaysia and Singapore. It has an international airport, international railway station, regular bus routes connect the city with Bangkok and most major cities in southern Thailand.
On the Plane to hat Yai
20 kilometers from downtown is the international airport Hat Yai International Airport, IATA code HDY (airport map). It performs domestic flights from Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Udon Thani (Udon Thani), and internationally from Kuala Lumpur and Singapore. From Bangkok flights from Suvarnabhumi international airportand from the old airport Don Muang where you can fly budget airlines Air Asia, Nok Air, Lion Air a little more than 100 baht when booking in advance.
From Russia, the other CIS countries more profitable way to fly via Bangkok. Moreover, it would be cheaper, if you on arrival in Bangkok international airport will move to the airport Don Mueang (how to do it – here), and from there get the budget airlines.
Find and book tickets to hat Yai for the dates you need, you can through the search form. Search is very flexible, and allows you to search for flights on different dates, with or without transfers, in both directions or one, etc.:Find and book tickets you can through the search form:
Cheapest flights to hat Yai:
DATE OF DEPARTURE RETURN DATE The AIRLINE TRANSPLANT FIND TICKET 25.09.2019 26.09.2019 Direct FIND FROM 4014 ₽ 31.10.2019 31.10.2019 Direct FIND FROM 3040 ₽ 21.11.2019 24.11.2019 Direct FIND FROM 3039 ₽ 28.12.2019 30.12.2019 Direct FIND FROM 5951 ₽ 22.01.2020 26.01.2020 Direct FIND FROM 4292 ₽ 20.03.2020 25.03.2020 Direct FIND FROM 4017 ₽
How to get from the airport to hat Yai town
The airport has a car rental Desk official taxis, public transport.
It is easiest to take a taxi. The cost of travel on official airport taxi – from 300 baht, the taxi drivers on the street asking for 250 baht.
Airport Mdivani go to the city center after each flight arrival, the cost of 100 baht.
The cheapest way is to use taxi Songthaews (Songthaew). They go from the far edge of airport Parking. Cost just 40 baht.
On the train to hat Yai
Via hat Yai is the railway line from Bangkok to Kuala Lumpur and Singapore. Train here direct from Bangkok, Hua hin, Chumphon, Surat Thani (Koh Samui). Also with the change at the border can be reached by train from Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and Penang (from the station Butterworth) and other cities of Malaysia. To get here by train from other cities of Thailand (Pattaya, Chiang Mai, Ayutthaya , etc.), it is possible to transfer in Bangkok at Hualamphong station.
Railway station hat Yai is located in the heart of the city within walking distance from the tourist area (railway station on the map). Tickets are bought at stations. Read more about trains in Thailand here. The schedule can be found here http://www.railway.co.thand in Malaysia here http://www.ktmb.com.my/.
On the bus to hat Yai
In the centre of hat Yai is a major bus station (bus station on the map). From the tourist district of the city it takes a little more than a kilometer, so with light Luggage and can be reached on foot. The tuk-tuk shuttles to the city centre or railway station will cost 100 baht.
The schedule of flights you can see below and book a ticket through a form.
In addition to large buses for long distances within southern cities, including Krabi and Satun, you can move on minivans. They are cheaper than large buses, but less convenient. Go from different places in the city depending on the direction.
💲 Pay the ticket online
✉ Will receive an itinerary receipt by email
🚌 Arrive to departureⓘWhen searching for tickets on buses and trains for 12go.asia pay attention to the ranking of tickets/carriers (marked with asterisks on a five-point scale) and the reviews of actual users who traveled on this route. Selecting carriers with the highest rated according to user reviews, you will protect yourself from possible problems during the trip.
Hotels in hat Yai
The city has a kind of tourist area, where much of the cheap hotels and guest houses, and a place to spend time in the evening. This district was formed by streets Nipatuthit Nipatuthit 1 and 2 (the area on the map). To book in advance there is no particular need, but in the season of holidays in December-January, the Chinese new year (in February), and Thai new year Songkran (in April) it is better to book in advance.
Find and book accommodation in hat Yai can through the following sites or search form. Russian interface and Russian-speaking customer support is present:
- Search for hotels in hat Yai on Agoda.com
- Search for hotels in hat Yai on Booking.com
- Search for hotels in hat Yai on Hotellook.com
- Looking for accommodation in hat Yai on Airbnb