How to get from Suvarnabhumi airport
New Bangkok airport Suvarnabhumi (Suvarnabhumi Airport) is located 30 kilometers from the city centre (airport map). It is very well connected by public transport to the centre of Bangkok, and to get to the city or from city to airport will not be any problems. You can get there by taxi, airport Express, buses, vans. Payment for all types of transport carried out in Thai baht, so at the airport would first have to change a small amount into local currency or to withdraw money at an ATM. Bureaux de change and ATMs are available around the clock.
- How to get from Suvarnabhumi airport to Khao San road
- How to get from Suvarnabhumi airport to don Muang
- How to get from Suvarnabhumi airport to Pratunam area
- How to get from Suvarnabhumi airport to Siem reap in Cambodia
Free Shuttle buses at the airport
A big part of the tourist transport from airport departs and arrives directly to the terminal, but some bus routes, including to other cities depart from the transport hub of the Public Transportation Center, which is located in 4 kilometers from the exit of the terminal. You can reach it on a special free Shuttle-bass. These buses ply round the clock with a frequency of approximately 15 minutes depending on the time of day. To find the bus when you exit the terminal on the ground floor (Level 1) near gate 1, 3, 8 and 10. Their stay is marked with "Shuttle Bus Stop". Read more about bus station Public Transportation Center and bus schedules with her here...
If you need to get from Suvarnabhumi airport to...
If you need to get from the airport to a specific location, you can use the following quick tips:
- District of Khao San road. When you exit the terminal on the ground floor, take direct Express bus S1 for 60 baht. Working time from 06:00 to 20:00, departing every 30 minutes.
- The Pratunam Area. More convenient and faster than airport metro ARL to Phaya Thai or Ratchaprarop 45 baht. Go from 05:30 to 00:00 every 10-15 minutes.
- The Sukhumvit Area. It is best to sit on the airport metro station Makassan, go there for the urban metro station Phetchaburi and go one stop to Sukhumvit station. If your hotel is far away from Sukhumvit, it is possible from the station go to Sukhumvit BTS, which runs through the Sukhumvit district.
- Bus station Victory Monument. Need to airport metro for 45 baht to get to the end station Phaya Thai, and either walk 15 minutes on foot or go on line BTS and go one station.
- The Northern bus terminal Mor Chit. The airport metro station Makassan, where to move to the urban metro station Phetchaburi, and from there to the station or Chatuchak Park Bang Sue Junction, and from there walk 15 minutes or take a taxi 50 baht.
- Railway station Hua Lamphong. The airport metro station Makassan, where to move to the urban metro station Phetchaburi and take the train to the end station Hua Lamphong.
- Railway station Thonbury. Cheapest will be to get on the first bus S1 to the tourist area of Khao San road, and from there by taxi for about 100 baht to get to the station. Easier to just take a taxi for about 400 baht (on the meter).
- Southern bus terminal Sai Tai. Cheapest will be to get on the first bus S1 to the tourist area of Khao San road, and from there by taxi around 250 baht to get to the bus station. Easier to just take a taxi for about 400 baht (on the meter).
- Journey time: 30-60 minutes
- Cost: 250-800 baht (532.02 RUB, see the currency of Thailand and the exchange rate)
- Hours: around the clock
The taxi ride to the center is cheap, from 250 to 400 baht depending on the destination. Payment is by meter Taxi-meter. Additionally, you will have to pay tolls on the toll road for 50 baht.
It is best to use official taxis ordered at the counter when you exit the terminal. The only way you guarantee yourself that you will not overpay for travel. Find stand easy, follow the signs "public taxi" on the way out of the terminal on the ground floor. There you will see again the signs directly to the racks of electronic queue, and to them (the terminals) may be a queue of passengers. When it is your turn, get a ticket, and follow him to the landing. One part of the ticket given to the driver.
You can also order a taxi via the app Grab (instead of Uber, which then not work). Trip through Grab are no more expensive than a regular taxi on the meter, but you immediately upon ordering you will see the cost. To order, you can use the free WiFi at the airport.
At the bar are cool "helpers" who will offer to leave the queue. It is a traditional layout, and you will be offered a much higher price, up to 2500 baht for the trip without using the meter. If you are in a hurry, better avoid communicating with them.
Another option to go by taxi without waiting in line first drive by free Shuttle-bass to the Public Transportation Center and then catch a taxi. There is also a front for the order, but the review found that the prices there are higher, possibly due to rigged meters.
Another, much more convenient option is to book a taxi transfer in advance. The price will be slightly higher (from 800 baht, depending on vehicle class), than on the counter, but will not have to stand in line besides, cars are more comfortable and safe, and if necessary, the child seat is provided. The driver will meet you at the airport with a sign, and immediately after collecting your Luggage and passing through border formalities, you can go to the desired place in Bangkok or at another resort. Check rates and Shuttle service you can through the search form:
- Travel time: 1 hour
- Cost: 600 baht/day (1276.84 RUB)
- Hours: around the clock
The airport has several offices world famous distributors, and if you want you can leave the car, and the same to return or to return a car rental elsewhere. It is also possible to rent car in the Bangkok and other resorts. Better to book the car in advance via the Internet. The rental price when booking in advance starts from 600 baht, and the longer the term, the lower the price. Can find and book car rentals using the search form and compare prices from different distributors:
To control the car necessarily need an international driving permit (IDP). Is such a law, made in the form of booklets in several languages that are issued in addition to the regular national rights of the bodies of the traffic police. They act only when presented together with your national (domestic) rights, so don't forget to take with you on a trip. To get an IDP is not required to write any exams, you only need to pay a fee. Order them easiest website public services.of the Russian Federation, the value of discount will be 1120 rubles. You can contact the traffic police or the MFC personally, but then the IDP will cost 1600 rubles (price 2018). To pick up right after their manufacture in the traffic police or in the MFC. Details about car rent in Thailand read here.
On airport metro
- Travel time: 26 minutes
- Price: 45 baht (95.76 RUB)
- Working hours: from 05:30 to 00:00 every 10-15 minutes
Airport metro ARL (Airport Rail Link) allows access to downtown in just 26 minutes and 45 baht. The carriage is in the new modern trains on the viaduct, bypassing all the traffic jams.
At the airport station is located on the lower level, there are signs. Tickets are bought in vending machines (on each station of airport metro). The price of the fare depends on distance, so the screen need to select the station you want, and pay the calculated price (the maximum fare of 45 baht). The machine accepts banknotes and coins, gives change and tickets. Next, with a ticket card follow the automatic turnstiles in the metro. Don't forget to take the card after you log on, because it will need at the exit, where she will also have to pass through the turnstile.
Until 2014, this route went two types of trains: Express Line with no stops, and City Line with stops. At the moment, the Express Line is suspended, but City Line is enough. City Line train doing on the way with seven stops. For tourists practical interest are only three of them:
- Makkasan (denoted by A6). Here you can transfer to the city subway of Bangkok (see about all types of metro Bangkok here) to get to the main railway station Hua Lamphong to Sukhumvit, the streets of Patpong, or the Northern bus terminal Mor Chit. The urban metro station here called Phetchaburi, and is accessed by a covered walkway.
- Ratchaprarop (denoted by A7). It is almost the heart of the Pratunam area, one of the popular tourist destination. To hotels in the area of Baiyoke sky tower, Pratunam market, CentralWorld shopping center on foot from here on hand.
- Phaya Thai (denoted by A7). This is the end station also in the Pratunam area. Hotels within walking distance also close a lot, but not so much as next to Ratchaprarop. Here you can catch the Skytrain Bangkok BTS (Skytrain) and go one stop to transport hub Victory Monument, drive to desired location in Sukhumvit area.
- Travel time: 1-2 hours minutes
- Cost: 24 - 60 baht (from 51.07 RUB)
- Working hours: mainly from 06:00 to 20:00
From the airport all city buses depart from the Public Transportation Center which can be reached from the exit from the terminal by free Shuttle-bass. The only exception is a new Express bus S1 which goes directly to the tourist area Khao San road from the terminal. Fare all buses shall be made by cash to the driver or conductor.
Keep in mind that gradually, the bus routes from the airport are cancelled as unnecessary, so the information below is given the reference (with the exception of route S1, it is new and valid), and it is possible that some of them are already cancelled.
Read more about routes:
Route S1. A new and most convenient route because it without a transplant you can drive directly to the tourist area Khao San road is the only way to get there direct. Leave from exit No. 7 (Gate 7) on the ground floor. Payment in the bus is 60 baht. Working time from 06:00 to 20:00, departing every 30 minutes, way 1-1. 5 hours. Read more about this route, where does it stop, and their position on the map see here.
Route 554. Poisoned from the Public Transportation Center. It is possible to get to the airport don Muang. According to not verified information is sent every 15 minutes round the clock.
Route 555. Poisoned from the Public Transportation Center. It is possible to get to the airport don Muang. Open from 06:00 to 24:00.
Route 558. Poisoned from the Public Transportation Center. Does not pass through the tourist areas of Bangkok.
How to get from Suvarnabhumi to don Muang
The most convenient and free way to get to the airport don Muang- take advantage of the free Shuttle-bass. To use it, you need to show the printout of the electronic ticket or boarding pass for a flight from the airport to don Muang on the Desk, which is located near gates 2 and 3 (Gate 2, 3). Buses run every 12-30 minutes from 05:00 to 23:00, 40 minutes. Ie, the whole move should be scheduled for 1.5 hours.
The retry periods:
- 05:00 – 08:00, 11:30 – 15:00, 19:30 – 24:00 every 30 minutes
- 08:12 – 11:00, 15:12 – 19:00 every 12 minutes
Read more about all the ways how to get from Suvarnabhumi airport to don Muang here.