The Suvarnabhumi Bangkok Airport
The international Bangkok Suvarnabhumi airport (Bangkok International Airport Suvarnabhumi, pronounced Suwannapoom, Suwanaphum) is the main airport of Thailand. Most tourists enter Thailand through the airport, and go on to travel around the country transplanting to other flights, moving into the old airport don Muang, or continue their way on buses or trains. In addition, many tourists come here to go on the aircraft to Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, etc. In General, we can say that this airport is a gateway to Southeast Asia.
- How to get to Hua hin from Bangkok
- How to get to Koh Samui from Bangkok
- How to get to Phuket from Bangkok
- How to get from Bangkok to Kuala Lumpur
To pronounce the name of the airport actually "Suwannaphum airport" and it was so, and tell the taxi drivers or bus drivers if necessary. We will use the article established in the Russian Internet writing - Suvarnabhumi.
This is one of the biggest airports in Southeast Asia, and even for a short time (up to 2008) had the largest area of the passenger terminal building. To date, the airport is the record-holder of the world's highest tower mission control 132,2 height meters.
The cost of tickets to Bangkok from Russia starts from 20 000 rubles for the purchase in advance or on shares. The average price of flights from Moscow– 20 000- 30 000 rubles with a connection, and from 30 000 rubles without a transplant. By the time the flight Moscow-Bangkok direct takes 9-10 hours, with a stopover of 12 hours.
Find and book tickets to Bangkok for your dates, you can through the search form. Search is very flexible, and allows you to search for flights on different dates, with or without transfers, in both directions or one, etc.:Find and book tickets you can through the search form:
The cheapest flights from Russia to Bangkok:
|DATE OF DEPARTURE||RETURN DATE||The AIRLINE||TRANSPLANT||FIND TICKET|
|26.09.2018||17.10.2018||1 transplant||TO FIND 25992 ₽|
|17.10.2018||25.10.2018||1 transplant||FIND FROM 24966 ₽|
|09.11.2018||21.11.2018||1 transplant||FIND FROM 24966 ₽|
|06.12.2018||26.12.2018||1 transplant||TO FIND 24909 ₽|
|14.01.2019||06.02.2019||1 transplant||FIND FROM 24966 ₽|
|03.02.2019||13.02.2019||1 transplant||FIND FROM 24966 ₽|
|12.03.2019||26.03.2019||1 transplant||FIND FROM 24966 ₽|
|01.04.2019||10.04.2019||1 transplant||TO FIND 27421 ₽|
|10.05.2019||21.05.2019||1 transplant||TO FIND 25340 ₽|
|28.06.2019||11.07.2019||1 transplant||FIND FROM 29303 ₽|
|12.07.2019||26.07.2019||1 transplant||FIND FROM 29303 ₽|
|18.08.2019||01.09.2019||1 transplant||TO FIND 30675 ₽|
If you are planning to visit Thailand, then, most likely, upon arrival you find yourself in this huge airport, the entire city of passengers and aircraft, and it will not be superfluous to somehow provide for themselves, what it is and how to navigate it. Detailed information about the airport in English can also be obtained on the official website of the airport.
The layout and device Suvarnabhumi airport
Despite the fact that Suvarnabhumi airport – the whole city, its layout and the device is very logical and clear, no difficulties with relocation and orientation at the airport usually does not occur. Everywhere there are pointers and tips, as well as many of the staff, at any time ready to help.
The layout of the floors:
- 1st floor – the hub. There are a huge number of different types of transport, where passengers arrive and leave the airport. Read more about how to reach or depart from Suvarnabhumi airport below.
- 2nd floor of the arrival hall. Here you get after you come down from the aircraft. After customs and passport control (for international flights) here on the tapes it turns out the Luggage.
- 3rd floor – the waiting area, shops, cafes and restaurants. There are shops, restaurants, beauty salons, waiting rooms, Luggage storage, room prayers and that just is not there. In General, if you need to pass the time between flights, you can hold it on this floor. If you are at the airport only to fly in or fly, you have nothing to do here.
- On the 4th floor – departure area. Here to climb if you leave from the airport. Here are reception, the immigration passport and customs control. Here are located the offices of income tax refund Vat Refund.
Given such a layout with broken areas on the floors, that's all you need to remember:
- If you arrive in the airport, after obtaining a visa on arrival (if you need it) and passport control you find yourself in a baggage claim area; take that there tape your Luggage and go on the green (if nothing to declare) or red (if you declare the imported stuff) customs corridor; then you are in the free zone on the second floor, where you either meet the representatives of the tour operator, or you go down to the first floor and go there by public transport or taxi. Sometimes representatives of tour operators can expect on the ground floor.
- If you leave the airport, just go up to the fourth floor and search the Desk and baggage drop, and then follow to the gate (Gate) will show where employees at registration.
Currency exchange at Suvarnabhumi airport
Exchange offices at the airport a lot and the course is almost the same everywhere. Immediately upon arrival the tourists who need to pay for a visa, line up in a huge queue at the first exchange point, but it's worth a little more, and you will see several exchange points without the line.
The rate at the airport of Bangkok are quite reasonable, not extortionate like many other airports, but still not the best. For example, in one day rate at the airport amounted to 30.25 baht per dollar, in the resorts and in Bangkok - 31.95 baht per dollar. Total difference when you exchange $ 100 will be 70 baht.
The best rates can be found in the exchange office on the lower level near the vending machines and ticket turnstiles at the entrance to the airport subway Airport Rail Link (ARL). The exchange rate it even higher than in some exchange offices in the city.
In some exchange offices of the airport you can change rubles, but the exchange rate is very disadvantageous in comparison with dollars or euros. More profitable still at first to change the house the ruble on international currency, and then their baht.
How to get to Suvarnabhumi airport to leave the airport
Public transport and taxis at the airport are very well developed. To get from here direct links not only in Bangkok but also in other major cities of Thailand. There are taxis, city buses, intercity buses, minivans, airport metro line, it is possible to rent a car.
But not all types of public transportation go directly from the airport. Near the airport is the so-called Public Transportation Center that ships most of the buses. To the Public Transportation Center from terminal first you need to take the free Shuttle bus (Shuttle Bus) that run round the clock. To sit in the Shuttle bus at the exit from the first floor (outputs 3 and 8); from the second floor (exit 5); on the fourth floor (exit 5). To view the schedule and book tickets on the bus from the airport to Bangkok and other cities of Thailand can through the search form:
💲 Pay the ticket online
✉ Will receive an itinerary receipt by email
🚌 Arrive to departure
The most convenient form of transport, usually taxis. The official taxi stand is located on the ground floor before entering, and are encouraged to use them, there accept applications in English. Can also book a taxi in advance through the search form, then our driver will be waiting for you with a sign at the exit of the airport.
How to get to Bangkok from Suvarnabhumi airport
Depending on place, which you need to get in Bangkok, you can take a taxi, BMTA public buses, minibuses (Public Van) or airport line (Airport Rail Link).
If you need to get to a specific tourist area in Bangkok can go directly to detailed instructions on how to get to them from Suvarnabhumi:
- How to get from Suvarnabhumi airport to Khao San
- How to get from Suvarnabhumi to the Pratunam area
- How to get from Suvarnabhumi airport to don Muang
But other methods, like what to get:
Taxi. Take a taxi in any point of Bangkok, it takes 40-60 minutes and 250-400 baht (currency of Thailand) per car, not per person. Sometimes additional drivers charge 30-80 baht for Luggage more than one bag. It is safer to use official taxis (public taxi). Go to the self-service public taxi on the first floor when you exit the terminal, tap your destination, and the unit will be given a card indicating the destination in Thai for the driver. With this pass go to the car and give one part to the driver. After the trip to the counter will need to pay the driver 50 baht for the toll road.
The public taxi stands and there are long queues, and in order to avoid them monjo to catch a taxi on the fourth floor (arrival hall) or take a Shuttle bus to the Public Transportation Center, where also a lot of taxi drivers. But be careful and either negotiate the fare in advance or make sure the driver uses the meter (taxi) meter. The majority of taxi drivers, with which the price in advance before you travel do not need to be discussed, upon arrival, start to demand a few thousand baht for the trip. Also make sure that the taxi driver understood where to go.
Rent-a-car. In Bangkok airport there are several offices world famous distributors, and if you want you can leave the car, and the same to return or to return a car rental elsewhere. It is also possible to rent car in the Bangkok and other resorts. Better to book the car in advance via the Internet. The rental price when booking in advance starts from 600 baht, and the longer the term, the lower the price. Can find and book car rentals using the search form and compare prices from different distributors:
Find car rental in Thailand
To control the car necessarily need an international driving permit (IDP). Is such a law, made in the form of booklets in several languages that are issued in addition to the regular national rights of the bodies of the traffic police. They act only when presented together with your national (domestic) rights, so don't forget to take with you on a trip. To get an IDP is not required to write any exams, you only need to pay a fee. Order them easiest website public services.of the Russian Federation, the value of discount will be 1120 rubles. You can contact the traffic police or the MFC personally, but then the IDP will cost 1600 rubles (price 2018). To pick up right after their manufacture in the traffic police or in the MFC. Details about car rent in Thailand read here.
BMTA public buses and corporate buses. This is the cheapest way to get to the desired place in the city. For the trip will have to pay only 24-35 baht. Buses, air-conditioned. They are sent with Public Transportation Center, reachable by free Shuttle bus.
There are several routes BMTA and branded buses to the city:
- 55 - Ekkamai Bus Terminal (Eastern bus terminal of Bangkok) – On-nutch Intersection – Suvarnabhumi Airport – Klongsuan – Klong Prawes – Chachoengsau – Amphur Bang Klah
- 550 - Suvarnabhumi Airport – Happy Land (from 5 to 24 hours)
- 551 - Suvarnabhumi Airport – Victory Monument (from 4 to 23 hours)
- 553 - Suvarnabhumi Airport – Samuthprakarn (from 05 to 22 hours)
- 554 - Suvarnabhumi Airport – Rangsit (from 4 to 22 hours) to don Muang airport
- 555 - Suvarnabhumi Airport – Rangsit (from 4 to 22 hours) to don Muang airport
- 558 - Suvarnabhumi Airport – Samae Dam Garage
Use buses only if you really know where you need (detailed information about the routes of buses can be found on of. the website of city buses http://www.bmta.co.th/?q=en/home), or if you need to get to the bus station to Victory Monument, from where you can continue on its way outside of Bangkok.
Minibuses (Public Van). Offering inexpensive and quite convenient service. Fares are quite a bit more expensive than regular buses, but they go faster. They are numbered in the same way as conventional buses and BMTA are traveling on the same routes. Start moving vans from the Public Transportation Center and stop at the first floor of the terminal (gates 3 and 4) and the fourth (exit 5). But keep in mind that with large Luggage in the van you will not fit, because the Luggage compartment is absent.
The airport metro line (Airport Rail Link). This is the fastest and the best for the price way to get to Bangkok. Will get you anywhere in Bangkok, but most importantly, will be able to get to the underground city, and from there drive almost anywhere.
There are two lines airport metro, which run parallel. This is a City Line and Express Line. Train Express Line follow without stops and takes you to the Makassan station (where you can catch the underground metro Bangkok) or Phaya Thai (where you can catch the Skytrain of Bangkok) for 15 minutes. Costs 90 baht one way (150 baht round-trip ticket, valid for 14 days). Train City Line go a little slower, stop and stand from 15 to 45 baht depending on the duration of the trip. City Line can sometimes be even more convenient if you have to go, for example, in the Pratunam area at the station Ratchaprorop.
Attention! 2014 Express Line is suspended while this is the only City Line
How to get to Pattaya from Suvarnabhumi airport
In Pattaya can be reached from the airport by two routes of intercity buses: No. 389 (to the bus station in Pattaya North) and No. 9905 (Jomtien beach). The journey time is two and a half hours, the cost is 124 baht. You can also try other bus companies at the airport, cost about 200 baht.
- 389 - Suvarnabhumi Airport – Leamchabang – Pattaya
- 9905 - North bus terminal (Jatujak Bus Terminal, Expressway) – Suvarnabhumi Airport – Pattaya (Jomtien)
Taxi from airport to Pattaya will cost about 1000-1500 baht depending on the time of day and your ability to bargain.
Read more about how to get to Pattaya from Suvarnabhumi read here.
How to get to Hua hin from Suvarnabhumi airport
The resort Hua hin from Suvarnabhumi can be reached by a direct bus. Leave from exit 8 on the first floor in 7:30, 9:30, 13:30, 16:30 and 18:30 and cost 305 baht. Tickets can be purchased at the front Desk before going to the office. the website http://www.airporthuahinbus.com/, or via the search form.
How to get to Cambodia from Suvarnabhumi airport
Travellers, who right from the airport to continue your journey in Cambodia, can use the bus No. 390, which departs from the airport and to the city of Aranyaprathet, which in turn after crossing the border from Cambodia you can reach the city of Siem reapwhere is the Angkor temple complex. Read more about this route see here: how to get to Siem reap.
- 390 - Suvarnabhumi Airport – Chachoengsau – Rongklua Market
Bus station near the market Rongklua Market almost at the border crossing to Cambodia (the border crossing Aranyaprathet-Poipet). Worth the trip by bus No. 390 200 baht, and sent (by may 2016) 06:40, 07:30, 09:10, 11:10, 13:10 and 17:10. Tickets can be purchased at the counter at gate 8 on the first floor.
How to get from Suvarnabhumi to don Muang airport
In don Muang airport from Suvarnabhumi airport by taxi (30 min, 400-500 baht on the meter), but you can do it very cheap by minibus or city bus. City bus No. 554 and No. 555 takes you to don Muang in about 37 baht and about 1 hour (555 goes a little faster). Buses run from 04.00 to 22.00. Minibuses depart from outlets on the ground floor of the terminal along the same routes, cost 40 baht fare is paid when entering. The only disadvantage of the use of urban and vans, the difficulty of transportation of large Luggage. In the minibus Luggage compartment is missing, and large baggage will have to put in the cabin on the seat.
Another great option to get to don Muang – free sattvika. These buses depart every 12/30 minutes from outputs 2 and 3 (gate 2, 3) on the ground floor in 40 minutes. To use them, you need to show your boarding pass or e-ticket for a flight that you will fly. Boarding pass for the flight that you arrived, will not work.
Periods of sending this bus:
- 05:00 – 08:00, 11:30 – 15:00, 19:30 – 24:00 every 30 minutes
- 08:12 – 11:00, 15:12 – 19:00 every 12 minutes
Read more about how to get from Suvarnabhumi airport to don Muang here.
Hotels near Suvarnabhumi airport
Go to the search of hotels near Suvarnabhumi airport directly on the website of Agoda, or to find and book your hotels in Bangkok using the search box. Russian interface and Russian-speaking customer support is present:
Useful tips for Suvarnabhumi airport
- Where to stay at Suvarnabhumi. Near Suvarnabhumi airport, literally within walking distance there is a large number of hotels from 500 baht. Find and book hotels near the Bangkok airport at a guaranteed low price here.
- Luggage: Luggage trolleys. You can absolutely free to use airport carts to transport Luggage. You can find them on all floors. To move between floors with a trolley, use elevators, not escalators.
- If a large taxi queue. Sometimes at the taxi counters on the second or first floors are queues. To quickly find a cab, can climb to the fourth floor (departure hall) and out to the Parking lot where taxis bring passengers to catch the car there.
- Where inexpensive meal. Inexpensive meal can be on the ground floor of the airport, on the third more expensive.
- The purchase of tickets. Tickets can be purchased at the airport, but work the cash register sales of tickets to Suvarnabhumi airport only in the afternoon and the prices are much higher than when buying via Internet. Better, though, to take care of buying tickets in advance via the Internet.
- Internet at the airport. At the airport you can free use Wi-Fi or terminals stand-up and Internet access that are available in the waiting areas before departure. To get access to Wi-Fi, you must obtain a password at the information Desk, but to make it better before you got to the waiting area to not return back (that is, in principle, impossible). In other areas of the airport you will be able to use the Internet only in Internet cafes (expensive and poor quality).
- Self registration desks. Flights airlines AirAsia departure hall (4th floor) set self registration desks (photo). Introduce to them your reservation number, get your boarding pass in the form of a printed receipt and can go with him to the landing or to the front of the baggage drop.
- Tourist information at the airport. At the airport you can get tourist information on the Russian language, including a paper guide at the airport. Tourist centre providing help in ten languages, including Russian, is located on the first floor of the passenger terminal. Don't forget to pick up a free map of Bangkok.
- Where to leave warm clothes on arrival. All of the Bangkok airport there are lockers where you can leave your warm clothes and other Luggage in an average 100 baht per day. It is much cheaper to store things in the storage chambers tourist areas: for example on Khao San born in Bangkok you can leave things in storage in hotels or guesthouses for 15 baht a day.