How to get from don Muang airport
How to get from don Muang airport in Bangkok
The old Bangkok airport don Muang is 30 kilometers from downtown Bangkok in a remote area of the city (airport don Muang on the map). Here goes urban public transport, and can be expensive to get to any place in the city at the city or airport buses and by train (the train). Metro station near the airport there, so if you choose public transport rather than a taxi during peak hours (weekdays is from 07:30 to 9:30 and 17:00 to 19:30) on the road to the center may take several hours. To circumvent this problem, it is best to get to the nearest subway station. This station Mor Chit, where the two branches of the underground MRT and overground BTS.
If you need to get into a specific area of Bangkok or the place, you can go directly to the detailed instructions in the following areas:
- How to get from don Muang airport to Khao San road here
- How to get from don Muang airport to the tourist area of Bangkok
- How to get from don Muang airport to Suvarnabhumi airport
- How to get from don Muang airport to the city by train
If you need to get from the airport to...
If you need cheap to get from don Muang to a certain place, and no time to read long instructions, you can use the following quick tips:
- District of Khao San road. Immediately when you exit the terminal, take the airport Express bus A4 for 60 baht. Operates from 07:00 to 23:00 every 30 minutes.
- The Pratunam Area. To the ring and station to Victory Monument can be reached by buses A1, A2, A4, 59, 29, 510, 187, 538. If your hotel is closer to the center area or along Ratchadamri Road, it is better to choose buses A3 and 504, they go through the whole street.
- The Sukhumvit Area. Can only be reached with a transfer. The best way to get on one of the airport buses Express A1, A2, A3 or A4 station's morchit. Here goes and Skytrain BTS and underground MRT, so you can sit on that line, what you prefer.
- Cost: 250-600 baht (from 535.96 RUB)
- Time: 40-60 minutes
A taxi ride will cost from 250 to 600 baht depending on the destination. It is better to use a taxi, order at counter in terminal, in this case, the trip will be on the counter. You can still order the car via the Grab application (analogue to Uber, which in Thailand is not working). To order, you can use the free WiFi at the airport.
If you "catch" a cab in the Parking lot when you exit the terminal, you will offer the trip at a fixed price that is usually two to three times higher than on the counter.
If you are in a hurry or are accustomed to a more comfortable movement, you can pre-book a tourist Shuttle. In this case, the car will wait for you by the time the plane landed, and the driver will meet you with the tablet. To book a transfer via the search form, payment accepted online:
Price: from 600 baht/day (1286.3 RUB)
Time: 1 hour
At don Muang airport have several offices world famous distributors, and if you want you can leave the car, and the same to return or to return a car rental elsewhere. It is also possible to rent car in the Bangkok and other resorts. Better to book the car in advance via the Internet. The rental price when booking in advance starts from 600 baht, and the longer the term, the lower the price. Can find and book car rental through one of the services comparison of prices from different distributors:
To control the car will need an international driving permit (IDP). Is such a law, made in the form of booklets in several languages that are issued in addition to the regular national rights of the bodies of the traffic police. Order them easiest website public services.of the Russian Federation, the value of discount will be 1120 rubles. You can contact the traffic police or the MFC personally, but then the IDP will cost 1600 rubles (price 2018). Get ready MVU after their manufacture can be in traffic or in the MFC. Details about car rent in Thailand read here.
On the city bus BTMA
- Cost: 6,5 - 24 baht (from 15.01 RUB)
- Time: 1 – 2 hours
The city bus stop is located to the left of the exit of the airport near the highway. Don't confuse it with the stop of airport Express bus A1 - A4, which is located immediately at the exit of the terminal. The city bus stop is on the main shosee near the airport side of the terminal. To find her is not difficult, lead pointers, to go just a few minutes.
The fare depends on the type of bus (air-conditioned, not air-conditioned), and the route number. Fees are paid to the conductor, sometimes the driver. Most of the routes from 05:00 to 22:00.
Here are the most useful routes:
- 59 – don Muang->ring and metro station Victory Monument-tourist area Khao San road
- 29 – don Muang->the ring and the Victory Monument metro station/train station Hualamphong
- 510 - don Muang->ring and metro station Victory Monument
- 555 – don Muang–>Suvarnabhumi international airport
- 554 – don Muang–>Suvarnabhumi international airport
- 187 - don Muang->Victory Monument->district riverside
- 538 - don Muang->Victory Monument–>the Siam
- 504 - don Muang–>Pratunam area–>District Silom–>district riverside
Almost all the urban autopsy go past the nearest subway station, Mor Chit, where you can catch the MRT underground or overground BTS. If you need to get to the tourist area of Khao San, you can wait for the direct bus No. 59, or to drive to Victory Monument and from there catch the bus №№ 59, 157, 159, 171, 183, 201, 503, 509 to stop Democracy Monument, where the Khao San road are within walking distance.
The airport bus Express
- Cost: 30 baht (64.31 RUB)
- Time: 40-60 minutes
There are four route A1 - A4. They are faster than city buses BTMA, go more frequently and on a toll road bypassing traffic jams. The value of A1 and A2 is 30 baht, A3 and A4 - 50 baht. Their stop is right at the exit No. 6 (Gate 6) from the terminal.
- A1 - airport->North bus terminal's morchit->Victory Monument. Runs from 07:30 to 23:30 every 20 minutes. This route is convenient if you want to get to the bus terminal and then catch the bus further on to Thailand, or to reach overhead or underground metro Bangkok.
- A2 - airport->North's morchit bus terminal->station Victory Monument. Runs from 07:30 to 23:30 every 20 minutes. This route also goes past the North bus terminal and the BTS sky train Mor Chit, but directly to the terminal not to call, you will have to walk or take a taxi. Ends up at a bus stop Victory Monument, where you can leave the minivan in the next city of Thailand (Pattaya, Hua hin, Ayutthaya) or to transfer to buses 59, 157, 159, 171, 183, 201, 503, 509 to stop Democracy Monument, where the popular tourist area of Khao San (Khao San Road) within walking distance. If you are staying in the Pratunam area, some of the hotels here can be reached on foot.
- A3 - airport->North bus terminal's morchit->district Pratunam . Available from 07:00 to 23:00 every 30 minutes. The route also goes through the Northern terminal of the BTS sky train Mor Chit, but not passing through Victory Monument. Then it goes through the center of the popular Pratunam district along the main street of the district of Ratchadamri road and finishing the traffic near Lumpini Park.
- A4 - airport>Victory Monument->district Khao San road. Available from 07:00 to 23:00 every 30 minutes. This route goes via Victory Monument, and ends the movement in the popular tourist district of Khao San road.
Cost: 5-21 baht (10.72 RUB)
Time: 1 hour
Directly opposite the exit from the airport/railway station Don Muang Railway. To get to it, after you exit the airport need to travel to the right, and near the bus stop for the public transport to cross the highway on the overpass. There at least 30 times a day is a commuter train (train) value from 5 baht, about one hour. Tickets can be purchased at the box office. The exact schedule here http://www.railway.co.th
Trains arrive in Bangkok on the main railway station Hua Lamhpong in the centre, where you can go to another place in the city in the underground metro (see metro Bangkok) or bus No. 159 to get to the tourist area Khao San road (Khaosan Road). Read more about how to get from don Muang to Bangkok by train here.
How to get from don Muang airport to Suvarnabhumi airport
To move between the two airports will take about one and a half hours, but we recommend to lay at least 4 hours, as it will have to pass the passport and customs control, to baggage, to register for a new flight. Here are the ways how to navigate between airports:
- Taxi. The taxi ride on the meter between the airports will cost 400-500 baht, 30 minutes. But it is better to lay a little more time, because sometimes even at the front of taxi queues, possible delays due to traffic jams.
The bus has Luggage compartment, air conditioning. In the way 50 minutes. Schedule:
- 05:00 - 08:00 – every 30 minutes
- 08:12 - 11:00 am – every 12 minutes
- 11:30 - 16:00 – every 30 minutes
- 16:12 – 19:00 – every 12 minutes
- 19:30 – 00:00 – every 30 minutes
Night from 00:00 to 05:00 bus does not go.
- On a city bus. City routes No. 554, and 555 operate between the airports.
- Bus No. 554 runs around the clock*, scarce, cost 34 baht. In the path 1-2 hours.
- Bus # 555 runs from 05:00 until 22:00*every 15-20 minutes (from 11 until 14 hours 1 time per hour), cost 34 baht. In the path 1-2 hours.
*Schedule information is inaccurate, so check on the spot.
Board buses to the airport don Muang happens to stay slightly to the right when exiting the airport from terminal (crosses the road is not necessary). In Suvannabhumi buses arrive and depart from transport centre is the Public Trasportation Center, which connects the terminal a free Shuttle bus (Shuttle Bus) plying round the clock. To catch the Shuttle bus at the exit from the first floor (outputs 3 and 8); from the second floor (exit 5); on the fourth floor (exit 5).
Read more about how to get from don Muang airport to Suvarnabhumi...here.
How to get from don Muang airport to other cities of Thailand
Straight from the airport you can take trains North and North-East direction. To do this, go through a covered walkway across the highway/railway station Don Muang Railway. The station is small, but with it you can go to Ayutthaya, Lopburi, Pantaloon of Chiang Mai and to Nong Khai on the border with Laos. With a stopover in Bangkok at Hualamphong station you can go South in cha-am, Hua hin, Chumphon, Surat Thani (more here on Phuket, Samui or Krabi), hat Yai and on to Malaysia and Singapore.
Regular direct bus services to other cities of Thailand from don Muang there, so it is best to get the airport bus A1 for 30 baht to the Northern Mor Chit bus, where to sit already on your bus.
From Pattaya can be easily reached also with a change in Mor Chit. From Pattaya can be reached by van from Suvarnabhumi airport, and then sit there for free shuttlebus to don Muang (if you have tickets on the flight from the airport).
Search and booking of bus tickets/train in Thailand
💲 Pay the ticket online
✉ Will receive an itinerary receipt by email
🚌 Arrive to departure