Bangkok airport don Muang: planning, getting there, transport
Airport don Muang, flights and tickets
International don Muang airport (Don Mueang, don Muang, IATA code DMK) is the old airport of Bangkok. Before the commissioning of the new Suvarnabhumi airport all international flights arrive here, today here is the home of budget airlines Nok Air, Orient Thai and Air Asia, etc., but also run Charter flights. So be very careful when buying flights to Bangkok and from it with a change, not to be in a situation where your plane flies not because of the airport in which you arrived. If you change the airport, it is necessary to ensure sufficient time for the change of airport, which may take up to several hours, for example:
- Passport control, baggage claim and customs after arrival – at least 1 hour;
- Moving to another airport an hour and a half;
- Check in for the flight to another airport an hour and a half.
In the end, the selection of flights with a change of airport is better to lay at least 4 hours from the moment of arrival until departure of another flight. And keep in mind that in case of delay of flight that you fly the airline for your being late on another flight responsibility will not bear.
The cheapest flights from Russia to Bangkok:
|DATE OF DEPARTURE||RETURN DATE||The AIRLINE||TRANSPLANT||FIND TICKET|
|31.12.2017||01.02.2018||1 transplant||TO FIND 34115 ₽|
|08.01.2018||04.04.2018||1 transplant||TO FIND 20234 ₽|
|01.02.2018||02.03.2018||Direct||TO FIND 21175 ₽|
|06.03.2018||13.03.2018||1 transplant||TO FIND 20234 ₽|
|02.04.2018||18.04.2018||1 transplant||TO FIND 20234 ₽|
|02.05.2018||30.05.2018||1 transplant||TO FIND 20234 ₽|
|14.06.2018||22.06.2018||1 transplant||TO FIND 25654 ₽|
|25.07.2018||17.08.2018||1 transplant||TO FIND 26619 ₽|
|01.08.2018||28.08.2018||1 transplant||TO FIND 23632 ₽|
|10.09.2018||19.09.2018||1 transplant||TO FIND 23632 ₽|
|05.10.2018||20.10.2018||1 transplant||TO FIND 26175 ₽|
|07.11.2018||23.11.2018||1 transplant||TO FIND 26262 FOR YOU!|
Find and book a flight to Bangkok, and particularly in the don Muang airport, you can through the search or on the sites of budget airlines Air Asia, Nok Air, Orient Thai, Tha Lion Air, Air Transport, Siam, Nokscoot, Malindo Air, Thai Smile Airways, Sabaidee Airways, Orientthai Airlines, etc.:
The layout and arrangement of don Muang airport
The airport is small and very simple, without many levels and crowds of passengers. Everything is organized well and quickly, virtually no queues. Has all the necessary tourist infrastructure:
- Passport and customs control, visa on arrival
- Income tax refund Vat Refund
- Currency exchange
- Taxi stand is
- Car hire
- Tour information and booking of hotels
- Selling SIM cards
- Luggage storage (on the second floor, from 75 baht/day). You can also leave the Luggage at the railway station and Don Muang, which is located near the road crossing the road, only 10 baht.
- International phone
- Free Wi-Fi (available when you register online)
Full information on schedules, infrastructure, transport is on the official website of the airport: http://donmueangairportthai.com
How to get from don Muang airport in Bangkok
The airport is about 30 kilometers from downtown Bangkok in a remote area of town, so it's public transport (airport don Muang on the map). In the center you can quickly and inexpensively reached by taxi, city or airport buses and by train (the train):
- Cost: 250-600 baht (7-17$)
- Time: 40-60 minutes
A taxi ride will cost from 250 to 600 baht. It is most advantageous to use a taxi, order at the counter when you exit the terminal. A taxi ordered at the desks inside the terminal, more expensive almost twice.
Can also order a taxi by using the search in advance, and the car will be waiting for you upon arrival:
City bus BTMA
- Cost: 6,5 - 24 baht (less than$1)
- Time: 1 – 2 hours
The city bus stop is located to the left of the exit of the airport near the highway. Don't confuse it with the stop of airport Express bus A1 and A2, which is located immediately at the exit of the terminal road in the pocket. Stop city is a bit further on to find it is not difficult, it are pointers. Buses to the centre run from the bus stop from the airport, ie across the road to the other side does not have to move. The fare depends on the type of bus (not the route number on the same route can go several types of buses). Fees are paid to the bus conductor, sometimes to the driver. Ply most of the routes from 05:00 to 22:00.
There are the following routes:
- 59 – airport>Victory Monument-tourist area Khao San road
- 29 – airport>Victory Monument – W/train station Hualamphong
- 510 - airport>Victory Monument
- 555 airport>Suvarnabhumi international airport
- 554 – airport>Suvarnabhumi international airport
- 187 - airport>Victory Monument->district riverside
- 538 - airport>Victory Monument–>Siam
- 504 - airport -- >Pratunam area–>Silom–>district riverside
If you need to get to the tourist area of Khao San, you can wait for the direct bus No. 59, or Viсtory drive to Monument then change for the bus №№ 59, 157, 159, 171, 183, 201, 503, 509 to stop Democracy Monument, where the Khao San road are within walking distance.
The airport bus Express
- Cost: 30 baht (1$)
- Time: 40-60 minutes
There are two routes A1 and A2. They are faster than city buses BTMA, and go more often. The cost is 30 baht. Their stop is right at the exit No. 6 (Gate 6) from the terminal.
- A1 - airport->North's morchit bus terminal. Runs from 07:30 to 23:30 every 20 minutes. This route is convenient if you want to get to the bus terminal and then catch the bus further on to Thailand, or to get to the Skytrain in Bangkok.
- A2 - airport->North's morchit bus terminal->station Victory Monument. Runs from 07:30 to 23:30 every 20 minutes. This route also goes via the North terminal and the Skytrain station, and ends up at a bus stop Victory Monument, where you can leave the minivan in the next city of Thailand (Pattaya, Hua hin, Ayutthaya) or to transfer to buses 59, 157, 159, 171, 183, 201, 503, 509 to stop Democracy Monument, where the popular tourist area of Khao San (Khao San Road) within walking distance. Attention! This route is suspended
Cost: 5-21 baht (less than$1)
Time: 1 hour
Directly opposite the exit from the airport/railway station Don Muang Railway. To get to it, after you exit the airport need to travel to the left, and near the bus stop for the public transport to cross the highway on the overpass. There at least 30 times a day is a commuter train (train) value from 5 baht, about one hour. Tickets can be purchased at the box office. The exact schedule here http://www.railway.co.th
Trains arrive in Bangkok on the main railway station Hua Lamhpong in the centre, where you can go to another place in the city in the underground metro (see metro Bangkok) or bus No. 159 to get to the tourist area Khao San road (Khaosan Road).
How to get from don Muang airport to the tourist area of Khao San (Khao San Road)
If you do not want to learn all the details about transportation from the airport, here are simple options for how to get from donn Muang to the tourist area of Khao San (Khao San Road) in Bangkok.
- Taxi. Taxi will cost from 250 to 600 baht. The cheapest option is to book a budget taxi at the front Desk when you exit the airport. A taxi ordered at the counter inside the arrival hall and baggage claim, almost two times more expensive.
- City bus BTMA. City bus # 59 goes directly to Khao San road. Can also be reached by bus №№ 59, 29, 510, 187, 538 to Victory Monument, from there catch the bus №№ 59, 157, 159, 171, 183, 201, 503, 509 and go to Democracy Monument, where the Khaosan area on foot.
- On the commuter train. Go after leaving the terminal via a covered walkway to the other side of the highway/railway station Don Muang Railway, and there take a train to the Hua Lamphong station in the city centre. Trains run frequently, timetable here http://www.railway.co.th. Further from Hualamphon station take the bus No. 159 to Kosana. The whole route will go from 15 baht and 2 hours at a time. You can also take a foot March from Hualamphong to Khao San road 4 km in length and about one and a half hours time, but will walk you through the most intense attractions of this historic city centre, including near the Royal Palace of Bangkok.
How to get from don Muang airport to Suvarnabhumi airport
To move between the two airports will take about one and a half hours, but we recommend to lay at least 4 hours, as it will have to pass the passport and customs control, to baggage, to register for a new flight. Here are the ways how to navigate between airports:
- Taxi. The taxi ride on the meter between the airports will cost 400-500 baht, 30 minutes. But it is better to lay a little more time, because sometimes even at the front of taxi queues, possible delays due to traffic jams.
The bus has Luggage compartment, air conditioning. In the way 50 minutes. Schedule:
- 05:00 - 08:00 – every 30 minutes
- 08:12 - 11:00 am – every 12 minutes
- 11:30 - 16:00 – every 30 minutes
- 16:12 – 19:00 – every 12 minutes
- 19:30 – 00:00 – every 30 minutes
Night from 00:00 to 05:00 bus does not go.
- On a city bus. City routes No. 554, and 555 operate between the airports.
- Bus No. 554 runs around the clock*, scarce, cost 34 baht. In the path 1-2 hours.
- Bus # 555 runs from 05:00 until 22:00*every 15-20 minutes (from 11 until 14 hours 1 time per hour), cost 34 baht. In the path 1-2 hours.
*Schedule information is inaccurate, so check on the spot.
Board buses to the airport don Muang happens to stay slightly to the right when exiting the airport from terminal (crosses the road is not necessary). In Suvannabhumi buses arrive and depart from transport centre is the Public Trasportation Center, which connects the terminal a free Shuttle bus (Shuttle Bus) plying round the clock. To catch the Shuttle bus at the exit from the first floor (outputs 3 and 8); from the second floor (exit 5); on the fourth floor (exit 5).
How to get from don Muang airport to other cities of Thailand
Straight from the airport you can take trains North and North-East direction. To do this, go through a covered walkway across the highway/railway station Don Muang Railway. The station is small, but with it you can go to Ayutthaya, Lopburi, Pantaloon Chiang Mai and to Nong Khai on the border with Laos. With a stopover in Bangkok at Hualamphong station you can go South in cha-am, Hua hin, Chumphon, Surat Thani (more here on Phuket, Samui or Krabi), hat Yai and on to Malaysia and Singapore.
Regular direct bus services to other cities of Thailand from don Muang, so easy access is best reached via the airport bus A1 for 30 baht to the Northern Mor Chit bus, where to sit already on your bus.
From Pattaya can be easily reached also with a change in Mor Chit. From Pattaya can be reached by van from Suvarnabhumi airport, and then sit there for free shuttlebus to don Muang (if you have tickets on the flight from the airport).
Search and booking of bus tickets/train in Thailand
Hotels near don Muang airport
Near the airport there is a large number of hotels where you can relax after the flight. The prices are reasonable, no more expensive than the city hotels of the same class. Can go to the search of hotels near don Muang airport directly on the website of Agodaor find a hotel using the search box: