How to apply for an electronic visa to Sri Lanka
To visit Sri Lanka to citizens of Russia and other former Soviet countries require a visa. It can be arranged on arrival or in advance through the Internet. Registration through the Internet is cheaper by $ 5, and allows not to waste time at the airport on arrival. Watch more all about visa to Sri Lanka here...
Electronic visa to Sri Lanka is called ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization) and issued on the website eta.gov.lkand paid by card. The site has Russian language, but all registration is held in English.
The cost of registration – $ 35, but this amount is added the Commission 4%, in the end it turns out 36.4 US dollars (2314.99 RUB). It can be paid with any credit card Visa, Mastercard, American Express, but please note that Russian banks will recalculate the exchange rate on their internal exchange rate which will be higher than the official. For example, in April 2019 visa ruble payment card of the Russian Bank cost at the rate of 67.5 rubles at the official exchange rate 65,54 this day.
After payment at the last step you will receive an email notification that the application has been accepted, but that's not the permission itself. After you need to wait until ETA itself within 24 hours.
At the same time, judging by the reviews online because of poor site performance in General, there are cases of non-response, write-offs twice (in different time intervals) and other similar troubles. So watch out and check the charge on your card, contact the Department of Immigration and Emigration (email specified in the "Contact us" on the website eta.gov.lk) or call the consular Department of the Embassy in Moscow.
If the answer cannot be obtained, print out the form your application, try to get a printout from the Bank to write off funds (with your name in Latin and the passport number), and go to Sri Lanka. At passport control, please submit these documents and you try to find the database and put the stamps in the passport. In extreme cases, can obtain ETA prior to arrival.
The ETA design takes less than 5 minutes. Here are step by step instructions:
Go to page of application - https://eta.gov.lk/etaslvisa/etaNavServ?payType=1. On this page you will see the terms and agreements that need to be taken. In short, they state that you are responsible for incorrect data.
On the next page, select the type of visa. Suggested options: tourist, business, transit. And each type is divided into individual design, for tourist groups or third parties. depending on your situation, select the desired type.
For the ordinary tourist it is necessary to choose the top paragraph: Apply for an Individual.
You will be taken to a form where you will need to enter all the required data, and choose options.Attention! It is very important to avoid mistakes. Check everything carefully and accurately fill in the data as in the passport.
All filled strictly in the Latin alphabet (English letters), the date selected via the calendar. Do not be surprised: the date format in Sri Lanka another first comes the month, then day, then year. Required fields are marked with an asterisk. Here's a transcript of important fields:
- Surname/Family Name* - name as in the passport.
- Other/Given Names* - name as in the passport.
- Title * - appeal. Select from the list of Mr. (male) / Ms. (woman).
- Gender* - the gender. Choose from a list of Male (masculine) / Female (female).
- Nationality* the nationality, select from the list.
- Country of Birth* country of birth, select from the list.
- Passport Number* the passport number. Enter without space.
- Passport Issued Date* - the date of issue.
- Passport Expiry Date * date of expiry of the passport.
- Section Child information in parent's passport is filled, if you follow children endorsed in your passport, and they don't have your passport.
- Intended Arrival Date* - date of arrival in the country.
- Purpose of Visit* - the purpose of the visit. Select from the list or Sightseeing Holidays.
- Address Line 1* your home address in your country of residence.
- City* - your city in your country of residence.
- State* - your region in the country of residence.
- Country* - select country of residence from the list.
- Address in Sri Lanka* - the address where you plan to live in Sri Lanka. Simply enter the hotel name and city.
- Email Address * valid email address where you will receive notification and resolution.
On the next page, it will be possible to check all data and confirm their correctness.
After confirmation you will be taken to the page to select payment method. Choose which card you will be paying by Visa/Mastercard or American Express.
By choosing the payment method, you will be taken to the entry form, a credit card, where everything is done as usual.
Well after payment you will receive information about the successful reception of the application and its number, which is recorded for possible further "analysis" with customer support if something goes wrong.
Now it only remains to wait for the email confirmation letter. It will be just the text you have entered data, but not on official letterhead. In principle, then we can go and present your passport at the border, where you will stamp and glued a sticker with the date, but just in case, print a letter, to make it easier to find information when problems occur.