Whether to go to Sri Lanka
I mentioned in the review that from his travels in Sri Lanka, I was delighted, to say the least. Maybe I wasn't so lucky on his route, but I still have quite a lot of negative memories. I do not want to impose their point of view, but just want to warn those who intends to travel to Sri Lanka, that there is not as smooth as, for example, the standard for independent travellers Thailand. Tried to summarize why you should not go to Sri Lanka, and why you should go. Once again, this is my personal opinion and no it does not impose, but for myself, I came to these conclusions.
Why you should not go to Sri Lanka and why I will not go there (at least yet):
- Little fruits. Maybe I got in the off-season (December), but the abundance of exotic fruits, in the same tai, I can not see here. And the prices are sometimes not pleased, especially in the tourist areas they are just speculative, and without any chance to bargain.
- Prices for hotels and food high. I have met only unrealistic dirty hotels and guest houses at prices of good hotels in Thailand. But I lived here not less than in 10 places. Nice hotel at a reasonable price I only got in Unawatuna, but it was still an unfinished hotel, so the prices were lower than others.
- The food is disgusting. All monotonous and tasteless. At a local eatery of sanitary conditions sometimes could barely contain nausea, especially when I got a fish bone in the chicken dish.
- Prices on well-known sights unrealistically high. $ 30 per visit Sigiriya! Are you kidding me? Was really disappointed that I saw for the money.
- For visiting temples (and I love to explore the temples) all take money. Where there is no entrance fee, begin to extort donations. Of course, I don't mind to donate some money for the restoration of churches. But the code just extort donations, and in the back shouting curses that gave too little... As it is not Buddhist's.
- Sights ugly. Anyway, was disappointed with the beauty and Lankan temples and other attractions.
- All sorts of restrictions on the type of "do not go There, don't look, don't Park here".
- A lot of scams and ransomware. Used to think that in Vietnam many of them. After the Sri Lankan vanaskie rogues – what.
- Overall boring, no crowd. Night life, discos, virtually no noisy bars.
- The problem with alcohol. To buy a cold bottle of beer in the evening to sit on the balcony in the room, or watch the sunset on the beach is a problem. Alcohol only sold in special shops, where I never was able to buy cold beer. Price, incidentally, is not cheap. A cold beer can only be bought in cafes, where it is more expensive.
- The weather was not pleasant. The weather and the seasons here mess. Very confused, where some seasons, when and where better to go. What I saw a month – constant weather changes, the sky overcast cloud. During the day the weather can change from cloudy to Sunny.
- The large waves. I'm no swimmer, give me some calm water in the pool. And there always is the ocean waves.
Why you should go to Sri Lanka
- A lot of tea. Yes, if you love tea, then here is definitely worth a go to drink the finest Ceylon tea and buy it home. Local coffee is not take it is a real "turd".
- New location. If everything has traveled all tired, then why not go to Sri Lanka.
- Undeveloped tourist destination. If you want to boast of having been in such places, the foreign tourists did not happen, we can find such places.
Note: this article is personal private opinion of one independent traveler and does not reflect the opinion of the authors of the website.