Vietnam trains and types of carriages
Train routes in Vietnam, not so much. All of them can be easily counted on the fingers. However, on the same routes trains different levels of comfort, speed and with different types of cars (seats in cars). Here is a quick overview of the types of trains in the trains of Vietnam for practical use. The following symbols are used on the websites for booking tickets for trains Vietnam (http://www.vietnamtrains.com , http://www.vietnamrailways.net or http://www.saigonrailway.com.vn/.), and if you buy tickets directly at the ticket offices at railway stations.
To view a detailed schedule and if you want to book a train or bus in Vietnam can through the search form:
💲 Pay the ticket online
✉ Will receive an itinerary receipt by email
🚌 Arrive to departure
Types of seats in trains of Vietnam
- Soft sleeper/4 berths soft sleeper cabin. This four-seat coupe, almost the same as in our best Russian trains. Excellent air-conditioned cars with good service. One or two toilet at either end of the car. In the compartment there are lamps, sockets for appliances and a table. Also the carriage has a hot water (boiling water that you can use to make tea, soup, etc.) and cold drinking. Of course, tickets for these seats are the most expensive.
- Hard Sleeper/hard sleeper 6 berths cabin. Virtually the same as Soft sleeper, only the compartment for 6 people. If in a compartment for 4 only two beds vertically, there are three. Tickets are cheaper here stand for mere pennies, so if you are traveling with a big company and want to go into the compartment, make sense to buy such places no. Save the crumbs, and to go not so conveniently. Although in General the cars and service do not differ from Soft sleeper.
- A/c soft seats. It's a soft chair in an air-conditioned car, the type of aircraft. They are quite well laid out and even sleep, although for a good sleep during long trips is not the best option. I do not recommend such places for long trips, tired. Are tickets for Soft seat is almost two times cheaper than the Soft sleeper.
- A/c, hard seats. This air-conditioned cars with simple wooden benches, as in our trains. Mainly used for short commuter journeys by local residents. If you want to get acquainted with local people and flavor, and can ride again in this car, but on trips more than a couple hours is not worth to think.
- Ordinary hard seats. It is an ordinary (not air conditioned) cars with wooden benches. Here, in General, everything is obvious.
- Special cars and Trains Livitrans Golden. On some routes it is possible to meet brand cars and Trains Livitrans Golden. This luxury carriages with four-seat coupe specially for foreigners. They are a bit more expensive Soft sleeper, but much more comfortable.
Types of trains
Trains of different types are composed of different types of wagons.
- SE1, SE2, SE3, SE4 cars soft sleeper, hard sleeper, soft seats.
- SE5, SE6 cars, hard sleeper, soft seats, a/c, hard seat, ordinary hard seats.
- SE7, SE8 cars soft sleeper, hard sleeper, soft seats.
- SE19, SE20 cars soft sleeper, hard sleeper, soft seats, a/c, hard seat, ordinary hard seats
- TN1, TN2 cars, hard sleeper, ordinary hard seats
- SNT1, SNT2 soft sleeper, hard sleeper, soft seats
How to read a ticket?
Information and a sample ticket in the original taken from the site http://seat61.com
Frequently used Vietnamese words...
Ngòi or Ghé = seat.
Năm or Giuòng = regiment.
Mèm = soft class
Cúng = hard class.
Dièu Hòa (ÐH) = air-conditioned.
Toa = the car.
Ga = station.
Giò tau = time train. Giá Vé = ticket.
T1, T2, T3 = 1 Tang, Tang 2, Tang 3 = lower, middle, top shelf.
K6 = 6-berth compartments.
K4 = 4-seater coupe. K='khoang' = coupe.
Toan vé = Full price
The schedule of buses and trains in Vietnam
The site presents the following information on transportation:
Rent a motorcycle and car in Vietnam
The airport of Hanoi: practical information for tourists
Vietnam trains and types of carriages
Vietnamese sirigere (Easyriders) – experience away from the tourist routes
The Airlines Of Vietnam. Which airlines fly to Vietnam
How to get from Moscow to Hanoi
What rights are needed in Vietnam
Trains in Vietnam and how they travel
and much more...
In this topic we discuss all issues with regards to transport and displacement in Vietnam in General.
About transport and how to get to a specific city there is a separate information and separate topic on the forum, so for specific cities there. ...