Medical safety during the journey, part 1. First aid kit tourist and vaccinations
First aid kit tourist
First aid kit travel is a mandatory thing. And no excuses are accepted. The fact that you are absolutely healthy, and the fact that you have covers all risks insurance is also not accepted. Little pharmacy set during the journey is mandatory. And that's it!
The kits, of course, everyone can define themselves, but if you are not an expert in pharmacology and not a doctor, read on. Our opinion is that the preparation of each of the following groups at least a minimum amount must be present in the travel first aid kit, and what to take in greater numbers, figure it out by reading information. And don't be alarmed that the list is so big. In fact, if you choose one drug from each group (most of these devices just similar and overlap), they will not so much:
- Medications in sufficient quantities prescribed by the attending physician and that you are taking constantly or during the course of treatment.
- Gastrointestinal agents. Stomach problems the most common health problems among tourists and travelers. These may include problems such as food poisoning, diarrhea, indigestion, heartburn:
- Food poisoning: Activated carbon, use adsorbents (powder), Enterosgel (powder), Linex.
- Diarrhea: Smecta (powder), Loperamide, Imodium. From broad-spectrum antibiotics in different intestinal infections: Chloramphenicol, Nifuroxazide.
- When indigestion. For digestion with weight in the stomach, Mezim Forte, Festal, of Panzinorm Forte.
- Heartburn: Maalox, Gastal, gaviscon, Rennie.
- Flu and cold: the flu, Arbidol, Coldrex, Aspirin, cold remedy, Paracetamol, Ointment. In the prevention and in the initial phase of the disease: Arbidol, Remantadin. From broad-spectrum antibiotics: Tsiprolet, Biseptol.
- Her son: Drops Galazolin, Throat.
- Cough drops and sore throat: natural remedy, the Falimint, faringosept, Bromhexine, Hexetidine, mints Halls, Tunes.
- Proceeds from diseases of the eye: Aktipol or Sulfatsil sodium, Sofradeks.
- Proceeds from diseases of the ears Otinum, Sofradeks.
- Pain medication: Ointment, Allergy, Analgin, Baralgin, Nurofen, no-Spa, was Ketonal.
- Remedies for headache: an Advil, Solpadein, Analgin, Tempalgin.
- Cardiovascular drugs: Corvalol, Validol, Valokordin.
- Sedatives: Valerian, Leonurus, Novo-passit.
- Remedies for motion sickness in transport: Avia, Sea, Dramina, ginger candy.
- Antihistamines (anti-allergic) media: Suprastin, Tavegil, Kestin, claritin, Fenkarol.
- Proceeds from fatigue and swelling of legs: Lioton, the Caffeine.
- Sunscreen and care for the skin after sun exposure. Prolonged exposure to the sun can cause more harm than good, so do not forget about protection from harmful UVA and UVB radiation. The effectiveness of any sunscreen is generally measured in units of the SPF. The lower the index, the SPF, the less UV protection. Conventionally, it looks like this: SPF 2-6 - basic protection, 8-12 - average defense, 15-25 - high protection, 30-50 - intense protection, 50 and above - blocking protection. Now on the market there are many sunscreen cosmetics, it creams, sprays, oils, lotion.
- For burns and allergic skin reactions: Panthenol, Solcoseryl (also for treatment of skin lesions: abrasions, scratches, hard-to-heal wounds), Sovintel, balsam "Rescuer".
- Antiseptics are necessary for the treatment of minor wounds: abrasions, cuts, bites. Can be used in the form of solutions, ointments, powders or capsules in the last time there was a very easy to use antiseptics, in the form of markers. A number of antiseptics in pharmacies are very wide, so choose what you want: iodine, chlorhexidine (Hexicon), alcohol (sometimes can be replaced with Cologne), brilliant green (Zelenka), Miramistin, hydrogen Peroxide, etc. In a special review each of the drugs is not needed.
- Funds from insect bites presented in various forms: creams, sprays, lotions, aerosols. The choice is yours: Moskitol, Gardeks, Bite-off, etc.
- Elastic bandage, sterile bandage, antibacterial bandage, adhesive tape, cotton wool or cotton pads.
- Scissors, tweezers (to carry in hand Luggage if flight is impossible).
- Electric thermometer (mercury thermometers are prohibited by airlines for transportation).
- Tablets for water purification (if you travel to remote places where there is no purchase of bottled water).
- Contraceptives (if you travel to Thailand :-).
- Multivitamins - always useful, especially for long trips, when dietary vitamin intake may be inadequate. Men, women and children have different requirements of vitamin, so stock up on pills in a multivitamin that are specific to age and gender.
Finally, it should be said that the enumerated list is recommended but not exhaustive.
Vaccinations (or immunisations)
As for vaccinations, there is no clear opinion, is to do them, or not. If you are afraid to touch the door handle of the hotel or travel into the jungle for something. If you are sure that your health is iron, and the immune system as a rock – it is also worth it.
And on the other hand, vaccinations cost money, can damage your health (Yes, there is at least minimal, but the risk of catching the infection from the needle is still at home in his native the clinic), and many vaccinations should be done for a certain period before travel, sometimes for several months.
But at the same time, there are places going in that you will not be given the choice to vaccinate or not to do. When entering some countries or regions, or when leaving them mandatory vaccinations (usually in the case of epidemics). The sanitary mode is observed very strictly at border points, so you slip it will not succeed. In order to find out which vaccinations are needed for a particular country, you should find the latest information on the Internet about a specific country.
For children, especially the little ones, there exists a list of mandatory vaccinations that make under a certain age. And vaccinations done if not all, in any case do not recommend to travel with a child. Even if you think you have done all the vaccinations, you should consult with your pediatrician your child. Your health can risk, and the health of the child never.
Author: Sergei Mitrofanov
I have a minimum. ...
And listed in Your medicine Cabinet drugs allowed in Thai? ...
As far as I know. See all about the importation of drugs in Thailand here https://nashaplaneta.net/sovety/thailand-lekarstva ...
I think you need to take the necessary painkillers for the stomach. Yes, it is possible to take antibiotics. Why to carry... customs officers only questions will be) even if the children go, that is another matter. ...
It all depends on the nature of the trip. If just relaxing at a resort, then you can do the minimum, and if a longer trip, road trip or camping, it is impossible to this question so lightly. ...
In this way nothing is not worth taking. The above drugs are sold in any drugstore. :D ...
It is, but for personal satisfaction, you know that dipyrone and ftalazol is near.)
my main medication - patch))) I do a lot of walking during the journey, that whatever shoes, heels erased be healthy)) I think the most important thing to take something home and normally use the new meds don't need. after Volikov's test, I realized that I love minimalism in everything, and ceased to collect enormous trunks, now just for easier ...
IMHO, the main thing to take care of health insurance, it solves 99% of all sudden medical problems, another important point is really necessary to check whether the medication is prohibited to import, or at least whether they will clear it (when it was features and prohibitions on the website of the carrier type dhl). It is also important to understand that it is possible to restrict the transport of the active substance if you want to check the reference IS REMOVED and not a hundred, five hundred members with a taste of lemon to drive. ...
But it is amazing! How a person is going to solve drastically the problem with health.
If you need to take medication right now?
Quickly insurance get jammed?
Would you, peddlers of advertising, first thought about what to write! :DOWN ...