Medical safety during the journey, part 1. First aid kit tourist and vaccinations
First aid kit tourist
First aid kit travel is a mandatory thing. And no excuses are accepted. The fact that you are absolutely healthy, and the fact that you have covers all risks insurance is also not accepted. Little pharmacy set during the journey is mandatory. And that's it!
The kits, of course, everyone can define themselves, but if you are not an expert in pharmacology and not a doctor, read on. Our opinion is that the preparation of each of the following groups at least a minimum amount must be present in the travel first aid kit, and what to take in greater numbers, figure it out by reading information. And don't be alarmed that the list is so big. In fact, if you choose one drug from each group (most of the devices just similar and overlap), they will not so much:
- Medications in sufficient quantities prescribed by the attending physician and that you are taking constantly or during the course of treatment.
- Gastrointestinal agents. Stomach problems the most common health problems among tourists and travelers. These may include problems such as food poisoning, diarrhea, indigestion, heartburn:
- Food poisoning: Activated carbon, use adsorbents (powder), Enterosgel (powder), Linex.
- Diarrhea: Smecta (powder), Loperamide, Imodium. From broad-spectrum antibiotics in different intestinal infections: Chloramphenicol, Nifuroxazide.
- When indigestion. For digestion with weight in the stomach, Mezim Forte, Festal, Panzinorm Forte.
- Heartburn: Maalox, Gastal, gaviscon, Rennie.
- Flu and cold: the flu, Arbidol, Coldrex, Aspirin, cold remedy, Paracetamol, Ointment. In the prevention and in the initial phase of the disease: Arbidol, Remantadin. From broad-spectrum antibiotics: Tsiprolet, Biseptol.
- Her son: Drops Galazolin, Throat.
- Cough drops and sore throat: Faringosept, Falimint, faringosept, Bromhexine, Hexetidine, mints Halls, Tunes.
- Proceeds from diseases of the eye: Aktipol or Sulfatsil sodium, Sofradeks.
- Proceeds from diseases of the ears Otinum, Sofradeks.
- Pain medication: Ointment, Allergy, Analgin, Baralgin, Nurofen, no-Spa, Ketonal.
- Remedies for headache: an Advil, Solpadein, Analgin, Tempalgin.
- Cardiovascular drugs: Corvalol, Validol, Valokordin.
- Sedatives: Valerian, Leonurus, Novo-passit.
- Remedies for motion sickness in transport: Avia, Sea, Dramina, ginger candy.
- Antihistamines (anti-allergic) media: Suprastin, Tavegil, Kestin, claritin, Fenkarol.
- Proceeds from fatigue and swelling of legs: Lioton, Caffeine.
- Sunscreen and care for the skin after sun exposure. Prolonged exposure to the sun can cause more harm than good, so do not forget about protection from harmful UVA and UVB radiation. The effectiveness of any sunscreen is generally measured in units of the SPF. The lower the index, the SPF, the less UV protection. Conventionally, it looks like this: SPF 2-6 - basic protection, 8-12 - average defense, 15-25 - high protection, 30-50 - intense protection, 50 and above - blocking protection. Now on the market there are many sunscreen cosmetics, it creams, sprays, oils, lotion.
- For burns and allergic skin reactions: Panthenol, Solcoseryl (also for treatment of skin lesions: abrasions, scratches, difficult healing wounds), Sovintel, balsam "Rescuer".
- Antiseptics are necessary for the treatment of minor wounds: abrasions, cuts, bites. Can be used in the form of solutions, ointments, powders or capsules in the last time there was a very easy to use antiseptics, in the form of markers. A number of antiseptics in pharmacies are very wide, so choose what you want: iodine, chlorhexidine (Hexicon), alcohol (sometimes can be replaced with Cologne), brilliant green (Zelenka), Miramistin, hydrogen Peroxide, etc. In a special review each of the drugs is not needed.
- Funds from insect bites presented in various forms: creams, sprays, lotion, legs, and aerosols. The choice is yours: Moskitol, Gardeks, Bite-off, etc.
- Elastic bandage, sterile bandage, antibacterial bandage, adhesive tape, cotton wool or cotton pads.
- Scissors, tweezers (to carry in hand Luggage if flight is impossible).
- Electric thermometer (mercury thermometers are prohibited by airlines for transportation).
- Tablets for water purification (if you travel to remote places where there is no purchase of bottled water).
- Contraceptives (if you travel to Thailand :-).
- Multivitamins - always useful, especially for long trips, when dietary vitamin intake may be inadequate. Men, women and children have different requirements of vitamin, so stock up on pills in a multivitamin that are specific to age and gender.
Finally, it should be said that the enumerated list is recommended but not exhaustive.
Vaccinations (or immunisations)
As for vaccinations, there is no clear opinion, is to do them, or not. If you are afraid to touch the door handle of the hotel or travel into the jungle for something. If you are sure that your health is iron, and the immune system as a rock – it is also worth it.
And on the other hand, vaccinations cost money, can damage your health (Yes, there is at least minimal, but the risk of catching the infection from the needle is still at home in his native the clinic), and many vaccinations should be done for a certain period before travel, sometimes for several months.
But at the same time, there are places going in that you will not be given the choice to vaccinate or not to do. When entering some countries or regions, or when leaving them mandatory vaccinations (usually in the case of epidemics). The sanitary mode is observed very strictly at border points, so you slip it will not succeed. In order to find out which vaccinations are needed for a particular country, you should find the latest information on the Internet about a specific country.
For children, especially the little ones, there exists a list of mandatory vaccinations that make under a certain age. And vaccinations done if not all, in any case do not recommend to travel with a child. Even if you think you have done all the vaccinations, you should consult with your pediatrician your child. Your health can risk, and the health of the child never.
Author: Sergei Mitrofanov
Didn't know that there are such pills. Will take note ...
I have constant problems with stomach very with him suffer. The doctor advises to keep your diet, well, it's on vacation on vacation it is hard to do. ...
The stomach can not be ignored, and gastritis in the neighborhood. If there are any problems, is to listen to the opinion of the doctor. And if we are really naturpaz, then it is better to take the pills that exacerbations were not. ...
I agree completely, the problems of the gastrointestinal tract is not easy. If I feel any discomfort, immediately take action, and what you want. ...
What are you taking? ...
I was once a pharmacist in a drugstore advised to drink Smektu. This white powder to dissolve in water, to be honest ,the taste is not very. But it is easily and quickly relieves discomfort and discomfort. I liked it. ...
If you are already talking about smektu, then it is better to buy it in the Express form. She is ready to eat anything and plant is not necessary. It is very convenient and fast. ...
need a first aid kit always and everywhere ...
How do you do ...
Very interesting topic,first aid kits are needed everywhere,as it's just a precaution. You can also give first aid to the victim. If you certainly not indifferent to the lives of other people! ...